So in the past two days, my connection to verizon network isnt detectable on my phone. Even though I have 2 bars when i attempt to make a call it just gives that weird tone and says Service Unavailable. & my second problem is my charging port/USB port broke. THe black plastic thing inside is loose. The port broke before the connection so im assuming these two are related? can anyone please please help me! =(
    12-15-08 01:24 PM
    Does anybody know where I can buy the black tape on the bottom of the phone? when you take off the housing the bottom of the phone you'll notice that its like a tape... I think i need that back for connection. I took it off thinking its worthless electric tape.. HELP!!
    12-15-08 01:42 PM
    So in the past two days, my connection to verizon network isnt detectable on my phone. Even though I have 2 bars when i attempt to make a call it just gives that weird tone and says Service Unavailable. & my second problem is my charging port/USB port broke. THe black plastic thing inside is loose. The port broke before the connection so im assuming these two are related? can anyone please please help me! =(
    Usually the ports and the connection are unrelated. I've had that happen at my office and the phone doesn't stop working, just the charging and data connection. You'd need to replace that port by purchasing one from a shop or on eBay and solder it on - no small task unless you have great soldering skills. I tried to desolder one just now and failed miserably.

As to the "black tape" I have no idea what you mean. I just disassembled five of these things in the last two weeks and haven't seen what you mean. Can you provide me a picture of what it was or what you mean?

EDIT: I suggest for the future that you keep your related posts to a single thread. You may have an answer given in one thread and not another, which can not only be confusing for you but for people who follow in your footsteps.
    Last edited by ncc74656m; 12-15-08 at 02:14 PM.
    12-15-08 02:06 PM

The part where it says G-Ray Edge PCB-blah-blah-blah. That part. =(
    12-15-08 05:54 PM
    The part where it says G-Ray Edge PCB-blah-blah-blah. That part. =(
    Ah ha! Not tape, clip! It holds the bottom pieces of the internal frame together. I have one kicking around at the office as of today (if it didn't get lost on my desk, but I should think that to be unlikely). PM me an address and I'll toss it in an envelope for you (assuming you're not in NYC, you could just as easily pick it up from me).

What YOU will want to check is whether or not the antenna connection is being repeatedly tugging loose because of the loose connection. The antenna is a small wire with two little heads on each end. You'll see that from the back with the external casing removed. Just put some pressure onto each end and it should pop back onto place. Be careful, the heads come off the wire easily and it can be a pain to put it back.

Need any more info, hit me back here.
    12-15-08 09:46 PM
    Yeah it is a black clip but on that black clip is a tape you really cant see it unless your search and feel for the edges of it. But! since your offering your clip ill be gladly to try it out.SInce, i doubt that i can get that anywhere online =( Ill pm you my address. THanks!!
    Last edited by bbbbbkny; 12-15-08 at 10:02 PM.
    12-15-08 09:58 PM
    Tape is unlikely the issue. Without it in front of me I can't say. Like I said, I think your antenna is loose. Just reconnect it. I'll still send you the part tomorrow most likely anyway though. Can't hurt.
    12-15-08 10:11 PM
    yeah check it tomorrow. Im not sure what the h3ll it is but its one of those black tape but on the bottom are like conductors that are touching these two metal points underneath the clip. Thanks again!
    12-15-08 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD