Just bought a Tom Tom Go 730. A friend has it and it works great with his BB from Alltel, I haven't confirmed what BB model he has...

Hoping to have it connected to my BB 8830 from Verizon, but it doesn't seem to work. Searched a little and didn't find anything conclusive other than someone on the Tom Tom forums saying I needed to have tethering set up and do it that way.

The BB recognizes the Tom Tom and accepts the pairing code, the tom tom though will not see the BB at all. Anyone know how to make this work? Do I really need to set up tethering? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    09-18-08 07:22 PM
    I am having similar problem linking data services with my Sprint Blackberry Pearl 8130 to my TomTom. The two devices recognize each other, however, in the TomTom, it does not have sprint as an option, and then asks if you would like to set it up manually. Has anyone done this?

Not trying to hyjack your thread, but very similar problem...
    ~Nick
    10-15-08 05:26 PM
    Thanks Nick, not hijacking at all. I kind of gave up after not hearing anything on the forums. Hopefully someone knows something.
    10-15-08 05:33 PM
    I have never had any luck with my TomTom 720 and my T-mobile 8320. Not sure what the trick is.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 05:36 PM
    I was able to pair my 920 with my 8830 but only insofar as the phonebook/contacts. The TT will use the BB phone to make calls to my contacts or POI entries.

BUT with verizon, you apparently do need tethering to use any of the other services such as traffic, weather, etc. At least, I was never able to get to those services and I did a lot of tweaking and manual entries, etc.
    10-15-08 06:54 PM
    Yeah, I can get contacts and calling. No data connection for traffic and such.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 07:14 PM
    I have the alltel 8330 can you post the info on how to pair data services with the tomtom go 730. I can only get voice, but no data services.
    02-15-10 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD