Hi. I hope someone can help me with this issue.
    I got a Blackberry 8830WE for a trip to South Africa (yes, I'm new to Blackberry... that doesn't help, eh?) and purchased a GO-SIM SIM card. Got the SIM card installed ok and I can receive calls via the SIM card but I cannot make a call from my cell phone.
    The GO-SIM doc says to place the call, and that I'll be disconnected and a "Please Wait" message will appear on my phone; then my phone will ring and I'll be connected. I place the call and nothing happens.
    Alternatively, GO-SIM says I can place a call from my GOSIM menu but I don't have that menu anywhere on the Blackberry. The closest thing I have is a "SIM Card" option in Options... Advanced Options but when I select that it just shows me the SIM card ID and nothing more.
    Additionally, when I look at my Call Log, the phone number displayed is my U.S. phone number and not the number for my SIM card. I expected to see my international number there.
    I have pulled the battery and waited the requisite 30 seconds in hopes that that would have some impact, but, alas, nothing different with that.
    Is it me or is there a solution for this?
    05-25-08 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD