I have been loving this site from my laptop but when I try to access it from my new 8830 I get a message that it is running a script and then I get an hourglass and it never goes any further. Does anyone have any idea what the issue might be? My service provider is Verizon and it is a company phone.
    08-14-08 03:03 PM
    Are you trying: wap.crackberry.com ?
    08-14-08 03:05 PM
    ^^ I concur

wap.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 03:10 PM
    I am using the goto function in the browser and tried to enter 'http://www.crackberry.com'. Are you saying I should be going to 'http://www.wap.crackberry.com'? Sorry I am a newbie to the wonderful world of the crackberry and am still trying to get the hang of it. Thanks for the help!!
    08-15-08 10:23 AM
    08-15-08 10:24 AM
    No, just wap.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 10:25 AM
    Ok I just got on there, thanks guys. For my own sake is a wap domain specific to blackberry use? I have never seen that before.
    08-15-08 10:25 AM
    Now that you're on wapforums, you may need to adjust your browser settings. The defaults don't work well. For better performance on wap pages, you should check all the boxes in Options / Browser Configuration. "Support Style Sheets" is critical for the wapforums pages to display properly.

Here's a relevant link: How to Access Crackberry from my Blackberry
    08-15-08 10:27 AM
    Yes. While you're there download the desktop icon for your Berry from your Berry and that will be all you need to access CB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 10:28 AM
    Awesome, you guys are a huge help...Much appreciated!
    08-15-08 10:31 AM
    If I download the launcher and it doesn't work is that because my company has locked down our BES server and I can't install any apps?
    08-15-08 10:37 AM
    If I download the launcher and it doesn't work is that because my company has locked down our BES server and I can't install any apps?

Yes! That sucks! lol
    08-15-08 10:52 AM
    figures, oh well...thanks for all the help!
    08-15-08 10:54 AM
    I used the launcher for a while, then deleted it. It's a convenience, but it takes memory and you can accomplish the exact same result with a browser bookmark. If you can't install apps due to your IT Policy, the loss of the launcher will be a minor problem compared to the other restrictions you may have.

You should verify that you can use your media card and bluetooth. Find out what the IT Policy restrictions are, and if you need to, you can make your case to get some of them relaxed.
    08-15-08 11:01 AM
    Thanks Jeff,
    I know the bluetooth capablilty works because I have paired up with a jawbone which I love. As far as what else is restricted I am not sure. Here is a completely off the subject question. I am a Sirius subscriber and listen online all the time. I tried to access the online player application through my BB with no luck. Do you know if anyone has been able to get that to work? It would be like having their mobile unit!!
    08-15-08 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD