I am trying to remove IT Policies on my device. I have found instructions on how to do so however I am still stuck. I can get to step 6 then I get stuck. I have created a new path but I do not know how to actually update the device with the changes. I have wiped the device approx. 6 times with no luck on removing polices. On step 6 I am asked to open the desktop manager but I do not know what to do next, do I sync it and restore? I am really confused. Can anyone advise me in a little further details. When checking the secrutiy setting on my phone under firewall I see a little red lock symbol. How can I remove it!

Step 1
    Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here. BlackBerry Software Site

Step 2
    Download the file policy.bin Download Here. and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).

Step 3
    Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe (Newer 4.2 OS Devices Goto Options/Security Options/General Settings/Wipe) on the Device.

If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest Desktop Manger Software, then the latest Handheld Software. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4
    Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.

Step 5
    From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

Step 6
    Open the Desktop Manager.

Step 7
    Connect the Device.

Verification
    Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 02:05 PM
    pete6 has a progam you can use to remove it policys

crackutil

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 02:07 PM
    a program called JL commander is what I have used when I needed to do this.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-jl_cmder.html

here ya go!
    11-12-08 05:57 PM
    Crackutil requires I have OS4.5 which is not available for the 8830. and JL commander requires OS4.3 which is not available for the 8830. Any more suggestions, super fustrated.
    11-12-08 10:53 PM
    Crackutil requires I have OS4.5 which is not available for the 8830. and JL commander requires OS4.3 which is not available for the 8830. Any more suggestions, super fustrated.
    4.5 is available unofficially if your wiping it anyway just upgrade it.
    11-13-08 03:21 PM
    You don't have to use that full program. You just need to use the javaloader.exe that comes with it.

Plug in your BB and back it up in DM. Then close DM and go out to a DOS prompt to where the javaloader.exe program is. Then type the following in and hit Enter with the BB connected via USB to your PC.

javaloader -u resettofactory

That will remove your IT policy from the phone.
    11-13-08 04:38 PM
    I have done tried the command for the JL_Cmder to rest to factory and the IT Policy still is on the device. This is from the command line:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>cd Program Files

C:\Program Files>cd jl_Cmder

C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>javaloader -u resettofactory
    RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
    Copyright 2001-2008 Research In Motion Limited
    Connecting to device...
    Connected ***
    Error: unknown request

C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>
    03-10-09 02:27 PM
    The IT policy is on there for a reason. Usually so the company that suplied you the phone, and pays the bill can monitor what your using if for... Really worth getting fired for..
    03-11-09 11:15 AM
    I bought mine as backup off craigslist.. no getting fired here. Where can i dl Jl Commander? The links on CB are invalid.
    12-28-09 05:22 PM
    Hate to top this one out...I have tried it all: JLcommander, Security wipe, complete wipe, Called my old company to ask they remove the IT Policy, the "How To" article, upgrade device software. I even took it to a Sprint store to get them to wipe it. All to no avail.

I wouldn't be speaking out of turn by saying I have spent probably 40 hours on this. I am at the end of my rope with it. Am I within my right to go to my carrier's store and demand a replacement? I am not on a BES plan there is no reason that this device should be carrying an IT policy that restricts me from downloading and running Berryweather. Is there anyone out there who has done this or anyone with a strategy they think would be successful?
    05-17-10 03:50 PM
    The procedure you linked is out of date. If you haven't tried this one, you should before you go any further: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...y-phone-81401/. If this one doesn't work, you have a warranty claim.
    05-17-10 05:53 PM
    My wife purchased her bold for work, and when she left since she paid for the phone took it with her. However, forgot to get the IT Policy removed before she left. She's move to the iphone 3Gs and her old 9000 is now my new science project.

Took 2 try's but worked very nicely - thanks
    07-13-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD