I have the following extras downloaded on my BB:

Monopoly
    ePocrates
    Direct ABC News Link
    YahooToGo
    Opera Mini 4
    (All my pictures are on my SD Card)

File Free: 0 Bytes

I keep my in-boxes pretty cleared out and it doesn't seem like these few add-ons would use up all my memory. Any ideas? Thank you!
    12-01-07 04:28 PM
    Known issue with the older OS on the 8830. Try a battery pull first, that should 'release' a bit of memory...

Lastly, upgrade the OS on the device.
    12-01-07 05:24 PM
    I wonder if I have a memory leak? 8830 WE with Verizon, OS is 4.2.2.176 and after several days my free memory has dropped from ~8MB to ~1MB. I can proplong the inevitable by "alt + esc" to close open applications, but am eventually forced to do the ole "pull the battery" thingy to get back to ~8MB and in a few days it has dropped again to ~1MB. I can provide more details, let me know what questions you have.
    thanks
    12-01-07 06:56 PM
    Try to hit Alt + l + g to clear the event log. That should 'release' some memory.
    12-01-07 07:08 PM
    Sprint and RIM know that they have a memory problems with this phone.

We just received 10 new 8830 and we have had memory problems right from the get-go:

Here is what a Rim Rep said:

"The BlackBerry 8830 has 64 MB Flash Memory/32 MB RAM. The flash memory stores permanent information on the device. Unlike RAM (random-access memory), flash memory can continue to store information in the absence of a power source. The BlackBerry 8830 makes use of flash memory to store the operating system and core applications. The amount of memory RAM available to be used by the user for storing data is 32 MB. The BlackBerry."

My Reply-

So I am looking at new phone (Just opened it) and it shows only 18MB usable Memory

So I guess 32MB-12MB Media= 20 usable. Plus we have lost another 2MB (Unknown source) to give us 18 usable, not the 32/20 mb that is advertised. Also, I just loaded 4 ringtones to the "Media Area of the Flash" and it says that I do not have enought memory. 12MB-3MB of Tones =9MB???? Why do I not have enough memory???

I only want to load 2 programs Translator 8.9MB and Worldmate 1MB. Desktop MGR will not let me do it, because "Lack of Memory"

So we are not loading the Translator and only Worldmate. This is a real problem for us.

Rim Rep-

You need to remember that there is a set of core applications that also use this same memory allocation that is why the full 64 mb of flash memory is not present. You can increase the amount of memory available by removing some of the unused applications through the desktop manager. Please try this in conjunction with upgrading the OS version and let me know the outcome.

Here is the link to download the OS. I would also upgrade to 4.3 as soon as it is available.

www. blackberry. com/SoftwareDownload/index.jsp?client=URNZcPHMm

Me -

We have the latest version of the OS. I guess we are going to have to wait till 1q next year for 4.3 OS which Sprint says is in Beta.
    12-01-07 08:01 PM
    Try to hit Alt + l + g to clear the event log. That should 'release' some memory.
    I had to search to get the correct command for the event log (hold the "Alt" key and type "lglg"). It released ~60k by deleting the log.
    Thanks for the tip!
    12-02-07 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD