So, I am in Canada, and my provider is Telus... When I try to download the latest updates for my phone through telus it only offers 4.2.2.176 - I have heard that 4.5 is way better and has a lot more features. So I was thinking about trying to upgrade the OS... Does anyone know if this will cause problems for me at all?

Thanks!
    03-02-09 12:55 PM
    So, I am in Canada, and my provider is Telus... When I try to download the latest updates for my phone through telus it only offers 4.2.2.176 - I have heard that 4.5 is way better and has a lot more features. So I was thinking about trying to upgrade the OS... Does anyone know if this will cause problems for me at all?

Thanks!
    You should be able to with no issues. You will have to delete the vendor.xml file to do this though

C:>program files> common files> research in motion> apploader and delete the the file.

Then use Loader.EXE to load the OS. This is located in the same file as the vendor.xml file.
    03-02-09 01:08 PM
    Youll have to forgive me, but I am new to BB... If I try this and it does not work, what are the issues I may encounter? will I be able to fix it later?
    03-03-09 08:26 AM
    Tons of folks have upgraded to a new OS without any problems. Go to this link for information on how to perform this procedure:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    03-03-09 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD