OK, I seem to be having a series of problems now.

When I attempt to make a call I have to try it several times until I actually can connect. The first few attempts results in an echo-y silence, where I can hear my every breath very loudly- and it even says "connected." It is not until after third or fifth try at least that I get the familiar ringing sound of actually placing a call.

Most frusterating, it has happened on my last several calls. Maybe it is a lack of service issue? But my service bars are all full....

[Updated] And you know what? To top it off: each of my attempted calls actually go through to the person's phone, so they end up with six or eight missed call before I can actually get them on the line! So I am actually losing these minutes, I assume. The thing that I have also noticed is that it occurs most when calling my voicemail OR calling a Chocolate phone. I don't know why- but my friends with chocolate phones have the same problem when calling me- they need to place the call multiple times to get it to go through. When I get their calls, I can't hear them, and they experience the same echo-y silence that I described.

I don't want to have to place a call six times to get it to go through once. ARG!! Does anyone else have this problem?? Might it be a verizon issue or something?

Thank you,
    Will
    Last edited by debulcha; 06-11-07 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Info to add
    06-11-07 08:15 PM
    At the time of placing the call, how many bars do you have? Also, does this happen from various locations, or the same place? Sounds to me like you need to speak with Verizon directly - I hate it for you!
    06-12-07 11:25 AM
    I exchanged the phone this morning. It still happens- but less. So I assume it was a network problem. A pain, but some of the other problems with my last 8830 seem to have gone... so I guess it was worth the exchange.
    06-12-07 02:02 PM
    Nothing like a new device!
    06-12-07 02:15 PM
    I'm a sprint tech so i cant speak for your specific network, but cdma is cdma more or less. We share the same towers after all. Anyway, if this is NOT a network issue try soft-resetting your phone (taking the battery out and replacing it). Also, sprint has released a couple of software patches to fix glitches and known issues. I used to have a very similar issue with mine until i updated my software. See if Verizon has a similar software patch available.
    11-25-07 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD