We just switched over from the 8700 (Tmobile) to the 8830WE (Sprint)

1) The Call in progress (Menu) is missing:

Hold / Swap /

2) 3 Way calling has switched to Conference call.

On the 8700 we would place the first party on hold. Dial the other party and hit Join.

On the 8830 we finally figured out that we have to HIT the conference call. (Then it sound like you are hanging up on the first person) When the other party joins the call, we have to hit the "Green Talk button" to join the three party's together.

Is this right????

The other problem is if someone gets knocked off the call. You cannot put the other party on Hold and establish the call with the dropped party. Like you could on the 8700 by using the Join option.

You have to start the whole Conference call over again.

Any thoughts?
    12-01-07 01:35 PM
    This is one of the differences between GSM and CDMA. Unfortunately, it's just the way it is.
    12-01-07 06:03 PM
    Again, you learn something new everyday. I never knew this. Then again, I say GSM, or nothing -
    12-01-07 06:22 PM
    That's not a GSM / CDMA thing. T-Mo doesn't use GSM in the US. It's more likely just an 8700 / 8830 difference.
    12-02-07 09:53 AM
    T-Mo doesn't use GSM in the US.
    You're joking? Right? I'm not a big fan of wikipedia, but I am going to side with them this time:

T-Mobile is a mobile network operator headquartered in Bonn, Germany. It is a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom and belongs to the FreeMove Business alliance.

T-Mobile is a group of mobile phone corporate subsidiaries (all under the ownership of Deutsche Telekom) that operate GSM and UMTS networks in Europe and the United States.
    12-02-07 05:59 PM
    Again, you learn something new everyday. I never knew this. Then again, I say GSM, or nothing -
    Yeah, not trying to start an East Coast/West Coast GSM/CDMA flame war here, but that was something I did like about GSM was the call conferencing abilities. When I t-mobile they just worked. I have CDMA now (alltel) and it's a hassle to setup the calls and tear them down. Also, when someone calls via call waiting and you 'beep' over and then 'beep' back, the new caller's caller ID shows. That's worked that way on every CDMA device I've worked with.

go figure.
    12-03-07 03:52 PM
    hi there,
    could some one tell me is there any possiblities of making conference call in cdma phones as like in any other gsm phones.....
    03-22-08 05:23 AM
    T-Mo doesn't use GSM in the US.
    Dead wrong my friend! Dead wrong!

Damn, I just realized someone resurected this thread from the dead. My bad, but the dude is still dead wrong... or rather based on his "Troll Like" 7 posts, just dead by now. :lol:
    03-22-08 03:38 PM
    Yes, My World Phone will go into Conference mode when 2 call come in at the same time! Talked with tech support and they have NO clue, and no references to this...Anybody have an answer????
    10-11-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD