I upgraded my VZW 8830 WE last night without a hitch in the upgrade process. However, I have one problem. I have multiple, BIS based e-mail accounts on my BB but I only sync one calendar from Outlook 2007. After the upgrade all my calendar appoints that I've created since are no longer associated with my default e-mail account. The appointments are associated with an e-mail account that doesn't have any calendar associated with it. Any way to reset just the BB's calendar w/o having to do a full wipe?
    02-11-09 09:03 AM
    I had a similar problem after I upgraded. I solved it by going to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services, and then I selected the proper email account as my default calendar. I think the upgrade changed it to a different account. Everything works just fine now.
    02-11-09 01:52 PM
    I had a similar problem after I upgraded. I solved it by going to Options>Advanced Options>Default Services, and then I selected the proper email account as my default calendar. I think the upgrade changed it to a different account. Everything works just fine now.
    Thanks, eddiek. Your solution fixed part of my problem. I switched back to my default calendar but now there is no calendar communication between the BB to my Outlook calendar or Outlook calendar to the BB.

I went into DM4.6 and deselected calendaring as a sync option and ran a sync. Then I reselected it in DM and resync'ed again. Still nothing. Anymore suggestions? Or should I completely uninstall DM and reinstall it?
    02-11-09 03:13 PM
    I don't think you need to uninstall and reinstall DM 4.6. I am running that version without any issues. I've read some posts indicating a problem with syncing wirelessly, and issues with the calendar.

Try to set up a one-way sync from your BB to outlook in DM, and then use the USB connection. I was able to get mine to sync this way.
    02-11-09 04:51 PM
    I don't think you need to uninstall and reinstall DM 4.6. I am running that version without any issues. I've read some posts indicating a problem with syncing wirelessly, and issues with the calendar.

Try to set up a one-way sync from your BB to outlook in DM, and then use the USB connection. I was able to get mine to sync this way.
    I do not use a wireless sync, only USB cable to my PC. I tried setting up the one way sync and nothing. Even reset the sync settings in DM back to default and then reconfigured to sync. Tasks will sync, calendar will not. It doesn't even come up on the dialog box while going through the sync stuff. It's almost as if DM doesn't even see a calendar on my BB.
    02-11-09 05:41 PM
    The only other thing I can think of is if your calendar entries were made with one of your other email addresses. If you open one of your appointments, what account is under Send Using?
    02-11-09 06:01 PM
    The only other thing I can think of is if your calendar entries were made with one of your other email addresses. If you open one of your appointments, what account is under Send Using?
    Nope. All my existing appointments were made with the e-mail address associated with my calendar. When I open the appointments I already had on my BB before the upgrade, they were made with the e-mail account I set under the Adv options, Default services.

Then I created new, test appointments on both the BB and in Outlook for dates in the future. There is no sync whatsoever for the calendar. From the looks of the DM sync configuration menus, that RIM is using Intellisync's technology. If that's the case, then it's delete DM and redo.
    02-11-09 06:10 PM
    Sorry, man. I'm tapped out. Hope the uninstall and reinstall works.
    02-11-09 06:24 PM
    Had to do the same as eddiek. 8 BIS accounts 2 with web calendars, but sync only 1 on the 8830.
    02-12-09 10:13 AM
    Sorry, man. I'm tapped out. Hope the uninstall and reinstall works.
    I ended up backing my BB up and then doing a wipe. All new calendar entries are now working fine.
    02-16-09 05:36 PM
    I have been having the same problem, and here is what I discovered. I am not on a server (BES) so I manually sync my BB to an office Outlook and a home Outlook . I also have 2 email accounts, AOL and Gmail on my BB. That meant that I had 3 calendars for some reason - "Default' or the Outlook calendar AOL and gmail, the last 2 I don't use or need. When I looked at my calendar options to change them it only gave me 2 options, either AOL or gmail, and I could switch back and forth between them, but there was no default calendar to go to.

I decided to delete the CICAL from my service book which was for the AOL calendar-

Once I deleted the CICAL from the service book VOILA - my next 2 appointments popped back to my homepage on my BB (which had mysteriously disappeared a few days ago when this started) and when I synced - ALL MY OUTLOOK APPOINTMENTS CAME BACK to Outlook. Imagine my delight at that!

Here is what apparently happened...somehow "default" calendar had become my AOL account calendar that had nothing in it. So when sync for the calendar was set for bidirectional, it emptied out Outlook on my computer because there was NOTHING IN THE AOL CALENDAR...and kept syncing that way. That's why I could add to my calendar on my BB (in my default or Outlook calendar) and it wouldn't sync to Outlook because it was not set in the service book (it was set to AOL calendar.)

It is really a very simple fix....

Options
    Advance Options
    Service Book

Look for the CICAL (it will probably say your email address at another provider like AOL or GMAIL.)
    Delete that CICAL or any other one that isn't your default calendar.

Then save and resync

You should be all set.
    02-16-09 08:59 PM
    I think I may have an answer to your problem - here is what I discovered. I am not on a server (BES) so I manually sync my BB to an office Outlook and a home Outlook . I also have 2 email accounts, AOL and Gmail on my BB. That meant that I had 3 calendars for some reason - "Default' or the Outlook calendar AOL and gmail, the last 2 I don't use or need. When I looked at my calendar options to change them it only gave me 2 options, either AOL or gmail, and I could switch back and forth between them, but there was no default calendar to go to.

I decided to delete the CICAL from my service book which was for the AOL calendar-

Once I deleted the CICAL from the service book VOILA - my next 2 appointments popped back to my homepage on my BB (which had mysteriously disappeared a few days ago when this started) and when I synced - ALL MY OUTLOOK APPOINTMENTS CAME BACK to Outlook. Imagine my delight at that!

Here is what apparently happened...somehow "default" calendar had become my AOL account calendar that had nothing in it. So when sync for the calendar was set for bidirectional, it emptied out Outlook on my computer because there was NOTHING IN THE AOL CALENDAR...and kept syncing that way. That's why I could add to my calendar on my BB (in my default or Outlook calendar) and it wouldn't sync to Outlook because it was not set in the service book (it was set to AOL calendar.)

Options
    Advance Options
    Service Book

Look for the CICAL (it will probably say your email address at another provider like AOL or GMAIL.)

Then save and resync

You should be all set.
    02-16-09 09:05 PM
    Thanks, eddiek. Your solution fixed part of my problem. I switched back to my default calendar but now there is no calendar communication between the BB to my Outlook calendar or Outlook calendar to the BB.

I went into DM4.6 and deselected calendaring as a sync option and ran a sync. Then I reselected it in DM and resync'ed again. Still nothing. Anymore suggestions? Or should I completely uninstall DM and reinstall it?
    I am having the same issue. I went into advanced in DM and it says "personal folder" for outlook, which is correct.....this was working fine before, but not now!
    02-19-09 02:17 PM
    I think I may have an answer to your problem - here is what I discovered. I am not on a server (BES) so I manually sync my BB to an office Outlook and a home Outlook . I also have 2 email accounts, AOL and Gmail on my BB. That meant that I had 3 calendars for some reason - "Default' or the Outlook calendar AOL and gmail, the last 2 I don't use or need. When I looked at my calendar options to change them it only gave me 2 options, either AOL or gmail, and I could switch back and forth between them, but there was no default calendar to go to.

Options
    Advance Options
    Service Book

Then save and resync

You should be all set.
    I deleted my [email protected] cical in service books and I am still having this issue....all of my calendar entries saved to my school address, so that is my default calendar, not my gmail
    Last edited by eyecon82; 02-19-09 at 02:51 PM.
    02-19-09 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD