Have done a ton of research and got 4.5.0.77 working complete with ringing and vibrating on my vzw 8830, and am loving the new features, but am hitting one snag. I have an Acura with handsfree bluetooth built-in, and the phone connects up fine and remains fully functional. After I make/receive one call, however, the phone's buttons no longer work except for the screen dimming button on the top, and the trackball (but not the trackball button itself). This means I can't send or look at texts/emails/anything, nor can I put in my password when I call voicemail using the car's handsfee.

If I restart just the phone part (by holding down the screen dimming button) all of the buttons work again except the button that activates stand-by. This means when I get out of the car and put the phone in my pocket, the voice dial button keeps getting hit. To get everything back to normal again I have to do a battery pull.

Any ideas? Would going to 101 be worth it? TIA!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 05:13 PM
    Have done a ton of research and got 4.5.0.77 working complete with ringing and vibrating on my vzw 8830, and am loving the new features, but am hitting one snag. I have an Acura with handsfree bluetooth built-in, and the phone connects up fine and remains fully functional. After I make/receive one call, however, the phone's buttons no longer work except for the screen dimming button on the top, and the trackball (but not the trackball button itself). This means I can't send or look at texts/emails/anything, nor can I put in my password when I call voicemail using the car's handsfee.

If I restart just the phone part (by holding down the screen dimming button) all of the buttons work again except the button that activates stand-by. This means when I get out of the car and put the phone in my pocket, the voice dial button keeps getting hit. To get everything back to normal again I have to do a battery pull.

Any ideas? Would going to 101 be worth it? TIA!

Small update on this...I was just surfing the web on the 8830, and the stand-by button just randomly stopped working again. I wasn't using bluetooth at all.

Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks!

12-27-08 10:02 PM
    I have had the same issue in my Acura. I was told by Acura that the issue is Verizon's and that they couldn't help me. I did not have the problem until I upgraded to v4.5. Has anyone got a fix?
    08-24-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD