Please help!
    I am supporting a user with an 8830 who is having browser issues. He is unable to connect to any web pages.
    We have closed the browser from the menu and re-opened it. We have re-registered the HRT. We have deleted the service books relating to browser(Browser Config for 5 Click and Blackberry Internet Browsing Service) and resent the service books. We have pulled the battery out and restarted the device. All options are checked in the Browser Configuration page.
    Style sheets media type: Handheld
    Show images: on WML & HTML Pages
    Emulation Mode: BlackBerry
    Content Mode:WML & HTML

Any advice? Should I get the user to wipe the device and start over? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    09-30-08 01:32 PM
    sorry not sure what to tell you
    09-30-08 01:57 PM
    Does he have a data plan? I don't mean to insult your or his intelligence, but you've covered everything else I can think of, but that...
    09-30-08 02:00 PM
    Jeff: No worries. I sometimes forget the simplest of things or sometimes I think things are clearly a given when my user does not. lol

So anyway, an update: The battery pull was done first before the hrt was re-registered and the service books were deleted and resent. I was thinking about my steps when I thought that maybe a battery pull AFTER the service books were restored might help. BINGO! Browser loads fine now.
    09-30-08 09:10 PM
    Glad you got it working, but another thing to add to your list of knowledge. If this was by chance a new phone, sometimes the provisioning for DATA doesn't take on the actual phone. Sometimes because it's not properly provisioned by the personelle at the store. A *228 provision dial will usually solve this. Just FYI.
    09-30-08 09:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD