Has anyone found a navigation app that allows down-loadable maps instead of data streamed maps?

Telenav and mapquest both stream but afaik they don't support downloading a region to memory.

As a business traveler I am often in areas without a data signal so all of the navigation apps for the BB are useless.
    12-31-07 01:56 PM
    Nope. There's nothing out there yet..
    12-31-07 02:07 PM
    Bummer, that is so lame! Guess all the nav companies out there that are hooked on the subscription based service never use their products in the field.
    12-31-07 02:10 PM
    Hopefully, some day.
    12-31-07 02:51 PM
    has this position changed or do you still need to stream mkaps to the device? You would think someone would have ripped a decent map sit to sit on the RIM device :-)
    04-09-08 04:45 PM
    Streaming maps aren't an issue so long as there is a data signal. I am looking for pre-loaded maps (and accompanying nav software) to use with the GPS for when there is no data signal.

I hadn't looked into it but MS Streets has downloadable map segments for hand held devices but I'm pretty sure the GPS function only works with the PC maps, not the hand held maps. Well that and I don't think they have any navigation features.

Closest I've found but it's sort of basic is Spot (google it).

It looks like you download a standardized map file from a public server so availability and detail are random.
    04-09-08 05:08 PM
    Trekbuddy and another application allow downloading maps on a desktop computer and loading them to the device's internal or SD memory. Check the gps forum for more info.
    04-09-08 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD