Can you sync the 8830 via bluetooth with your computer?
    02-04-08 03:33 PM
    yes....but be careful. you need to be sure to use windows' drivers and software to run your bluetooth connection; otherwise, desktop manager won't see the bluetooth!
    02-04-08 05:17 PM
    Where do I get these windows drivers and software? I have a kensington Bluetooth USB adapter.
    02-05-08 08:55 AM
    So does anyone sync with blutooth?
    02-05-08 04:42 PM
    So does anyone sync with blutooth?
    Are you running Windows Vista? If so, trust me when I say this that getting sync to work via BT and Vista is nigh impossible. I went through all the possible solutions suggested here and numerous other BB forums with no success.

It is I have come to realize a Vista issue.
    02-06-08 08:33 AM
    Are you running Windows Vista? If so, trust me when I say this that getting sync to work via BT and Vista is nigh impossible. I went through all the possible solutions suggested here and numerous other BB forums with no success.

It is I have come to realize a Vista issue.
    Bogus man. I have Vista and Bluetooth sync without any issues. What makes the bigest difference is whether or not you are using an appropriate Bluetooth stack (software). I happen to have a Broadcomm Bluetooth chipset in my laptop and this allows me to run the Broadcomm Bluetooth stack which allows for pretty much any kind of Bluetooth profile pairing. Once the device is paired with my laptop Sync is not an issue, just set DM to use Bluetooth instead. I used the same Bluetooth stack in XP and it worked just as well. Trust me when I say it's all in the Bluetooth Software you use. Check what kind of chipset you're running on the PC, then run that companies cooresponding stack software. XP used to have its own Bluetooth stack in the OS, which sometimes made this harder to get going because of that, but Vista does not so you almost always have to run an outside Bluetooth stack software.
    02-06-08 09:57 AM
    I am running XP and when I go to my Destop Manager Connection Settings the Bluetooth option does not let me click.
    02-06-08 02:00 PM
    I saw this on another site -

You may need to uninstall the drivers for your pc's bluetooth and install the generic Windows drivers. Desktop Manager only supports the generic Windows drivers for bluetooth.

Does anyone know what drivers these are and where to get them?
    02-06-08 02:06 PM
    So nobody can help me with these Drivers?
    02-08-08 09:30 AM
    I saw this on another site -

You may need to uninstall the drivers for your pc's bluetooth and install the generic Windows drivers. Desktop Manager only supports the generic Windows drivers for bluetooth.

Does anyone know what drivers these are and where to get them?
    That's not correct because like I said above, I use Broadcomm's stack and it worked great in both XP and now Vista. However, if you want XP to support your Bluetooth, just uninstall the stack you're using now and let XP pickup the hardware and load its own drivers. One thing to be aware, if you're using a Toshiba Bluetooth chipset, your problems stream from there. That chipset is extremely picky when it comes to its drivers and the stack for it blows as well. Laptops like Sony, Toshiba, IBM tend to use these chipsets.

What Bluetooth chipset is in the system you have? Better yet, what brand and model is your Laptop?
    02-08-08 09:36 AM
    My computer is Compaq with windows XP, It did not have bluetooth built in I have a Kensington Bluetooth Dongle (I guess that's what its called) and I installed the software that came with it.
    02-08-08 02:11 PM
    I have a Kensington Bluetooth Dongle (I guess that's what its called) and I installed the software that came with it.
    There's your problem. The limitation you're experiencing is because of the software from Kensington. If the dongle was bundled with a Keyboard or Mouse or Combo like that it's not much for Bluetooth in the traditional sense of "device bonding". Those are geared at bonding with just the accessories they came with and don't play well with other Bluetooth devices. Sorry for the bad news.
    02-08-08 04:18 PM
    Very instructive, thank you!
    How do you resolve the problem with a Toshiba stack?
    Sony Vaio - XP Pro SP2 - Bluetooth Stack for Windows by Toshiba V4.00.20(SO)
    Thx
    02-09-08 04:05 PM
    Yeah, I hate Sony's just for that.

You shouldn't have any issues bonding the phone to the laptop if you use the Toshiba software. Set your phone as discoverable and then search using the Toshiba stack software. I set one up a while ago and it worked fine, but can't remember the version of the Toshiba software. Try it.
    02-09-08 07:23 PM
    I can sync without problem with the USB. I can also connect my phone and computer on bluetooth. (They both say they are connected to each other.) However, on the Desktop Manager (version 4.2.2) I cannot click on the "Enable Bluetooth Support" box. The only connection settings that I can adjust are the connection options. (None, USB, and 4 different COMs.)

Refered to the BB web site and as you mentioned it is a driver issue.
    blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04 132&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=88828377&stateId=1 %200%2088830035

BTW, I have a 8320 Curve v.4.2
    02-09-08 08:29 PM
    I have a Dell E1505 and am also having the same problem with the Bluetooth support in the desktop manager. I have the broadcomm bluetooth .. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.

Donald

Using Curve 8310 w V4.2
    02-28-08 12:03 AM
    I just completed (for the first time) a bluetooth sync with Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.3 and Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit) using this link as a guide:

BlackBerry Bluetooth Sync

Cheers...
    02-28-08 01:07 AM
    So i have had no luck with my blackberry/bluetooth/vista. peoples_flip link was unsuccessful. i have a bluetooth micro dongle that works with everything else i have tried, except my blackberry. i am gonna try on my friends laptop cuz he has xp, but i thought i would through a post out there to see if anyone had an idea.
    02-12-09 10:38 PM
    tones...

Remove the dongle. Try UNinstalling any software or drivers that came with your dongle. Plug it back in again and see what Vista does.

Mine said it could not find drivers but somehow it did or just used whatever was on Vista. Then fire up Desktop Manager and choose a connection via BT. Also make sure that the phone is discoverable and computer is also discoverable.

I am not sure what I did but it eventually worked.
    02-13-09 12:53 AM
    Need help...ASAP

I have a brand new ThinkPad. I am able to connect via bluetooth, my Blackberry curve 8310 with the my Laptop and transfer data normally. I am also able to sync and update my microsoft outlook contacts etc. and the BBerry via the Desktop manager through USB, but when I try to connect the BBerry sync software Desktop Manager v4.6 through the bluetooth it does not find my blackberry device, resulting in no connection.

I checked my BBerry operating system is above the version required.

Please suggest...

Thanks,

wildcoltM
    02-13-09 01:06 AM
    tones...

Remove the dongle. Try UNinstalling any software or drivers that came with your dongle. Plug it back in again and see what Vista does.

Mine said it could not find drivers but somehow it did or just used whatever was on Vista. Then fire up Desktop Manager and choose a connection via BT. Also make sure that the phone is discoverable and computer is also discoverable.

I am not sure what I did but it eventually worked.
    yeah, i never got any drivers with my bluetooth dongle. i have been using the generic windows drivers from the start, just like peoples_flip link said. what is odd though, is that when i go "Search" on my Blackberry, it finds my computer. then my blackberry tells me to get my computer to look for my blackberry and it is unsuccessful. this also happens when i tell my blackberry to "Listen".

so this tells me that the dongle is working fine because the blackberry (and other devices) find the computer no problem. i think the problem lies with with vista, and its inability to use the dongle to find and pair with the blackberry (and only the blackberry). i will test this theory out on my friends computer cuz he has XP. but if my theory is correct, i am still left without the ability to pair my blackberry with vista!

Anyone?
    02-13-09 06:53 PM
    I found this website for syncing via bluetooth between my XP PC and my 8830. Might be a little scary for the non-techies, but I followed the instructions and it worked perfectly. The issue is DM not recognizing the bluetooth drivers; for some reason this got DM to recognize it. I would caution you to use at your own risk - not sure it will work for all, but it worked for me. Good luck.

banagale "dot" com/setting-up-bluetooth-sync-in-windows-xp-using-blackberry-desktop-manager-on-a-dell-d630 "dot" htm
    02-17-09 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD