I haven't been able to find anything on using a Bluetooth headset and having a custom ringtone play at the same time. Can this be done on the 8830?
    10-18-08 09:23 PM
    What do you mean? I have a bluetooth and my ringtones play fine through the phone the earpiece stills does its own thing though. If you are looking for the ringtone to play through the bt. I don't know about that one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-08 06:48 AM
    What do you mean? I have a bluetooth and my ringtones play fine through the phone the earpiece stills does its own thing though. If you are looking for the ringtone to play through the bt. I don't know about that one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes, I want to have my phone do exactly what yours does. I want to have the earpiece on and have the phone play the ringtones. I have a Jawbone earpiece.

How did you get the phone to ring while the bluetooth is active?
    10-19-08 02:56 PM
    Yeah I was wondering how to get my bluetooth to pick up on my ringtone when someone calls like my Nokia E62 does but can't seem to find a solution for that. I tried to send it to my bluetooth but error message came back and said it failed so I tried to do the receive through bluetooth and it didn't work either. If someone has a solution or idea, I would surely appreciate it. :-)
    10-21-08 09:50 AM
    well both my pearl and curve both play my current ringtone from the phone speakers...my bluetooth has its own lil chime from the ear speaker...
    10-21-08 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD