I cant seem to get my hotmail account to work on my berry, however other services seem to work. i was told i need to do something to my hotmail account but i cant seem to find anything... Help!
    04-21-08 12:10 AM
    are you paying to subscribe to hotmail if not your not gettin pop3. get gmail its free
    04-21-08 12:15 AM
    This topic had been discussed many times. Here is a great thread to check out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/hotm...ckberry-28619/
    04-21-08 12:17 AM
    the first post said that he connected his account to BIS... what is that?
    04-21-08 12:49 AM
    I use BES so I'm not too familiar with BIS. Maybe they ment setting up email thru Setup Wizard but I'm not sure.
    04-21-08 01:16 AM
    yea, i had a LONG discussion w/blackberry technical support and hotmail only works if you subscribe to the "better" version than the free version... yahoo works and is free, but has problems quite often, my .mac email works with no problems but is slower than the other e-mails... i don't have g-mail, but my sister loves it... good luck!
    04-21-08 01:39 AM
    tomksae

welcome!

doing a search of what you you asked will get you an very quick answer to questions such as the hotmail or BIS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/what-bes-bis-1459/

if you don't find the answer that way, posting the question will get you the answer, you may have to wait awhile though.

Gmail does work great with the BB's!
    04-21-08 06:43 AM
    gmail tends to send double of each email, and you have to make sure to set up the filters that you can find on this site, so that you dont get your responses sent back as new messages to your device.

i use yahoo! and have never had a problem with it!
    04-21-08 06:47 AM
    I use yahoo and its fine. My friend uses gmail and that works for him aswell. Yeah but inorder for it to work on your BB it has to be pop3. Welcome to CB!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-08 06:52 AM
    Unless you're paying $20/year for Hotmail service, it will not work on your Blackberry or any other phone. It's not a limitation of the mobile device, but rather a lockout from Microsoft themselves for the service.
    04-21-08 08:44 AM
    Wow thanks for all the help, i just ended up making a yahoo account (on my blackberry from bed ), ill just change my e-mail contacts over. thanks again.
    04-21-08 02:13 PM
    so now i have a new problem with my yahoo account. i recieved one e-mail right off the bat this morning but since then i have recieved two more on my computer but not on my BB. are there some settings that need to be adjusted?
    04-22-08 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD