I had a problem with my BB recently and had to reset the phone. Now whenever I receive an email, there is no audio notification of the email. I have verified that the loud profile is set up to make noise upon emails being received and I have done the same thing in the alerts program as well. Has anyone else experienced the same problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks.
    11-01-08 10:46 AM
    Try changing to a different profile, say Normal, and set your email alert in that profile. That will help you identify any setup errors you may have made.
    11-01-08 02:05 PM
    I have no doubt you're settings are correct. I'm having the same problem. It's so annoying that our phones won't notify us when we receive messages. If this problem can't be resolved soon, (SOMEONE PLEASE HELP) I'm returning this Storm and getting a Curve.
    12-10-08 12:16 AM
    Are you sure that in each option, the volume is not set to mute?
    12-16-08 07:56 AM
    I am new here, but have the same issue. I spoke with Verizon and we went through profiles more than once, changed everything back and forth. I took the battery off, no change at all. The phone rings and that is it, no notification of emails, text messages or anything except the red light blinking, it used to vibrate as well and now will not even do that. I have only had this phone 3 weeks.
    I guess I am going to Verizon and if they cant figure this out, I am getting something else. I have a friend that received and watched a video on her phone, after she did that, all her volume settings were gone. They were able to put them back, but now they are gone again. They cant explain it.
    12-18-08 11:01 AM
    There's a known audio problem with some 8330's. If you receive an MMS and don't let it play to completion, it will mute your earpiece audio. That's the explanation for your friend's problem. That's well-documented and Verizon should have been able to explain it. Your problem I have not seen before. Let Verizon give you a new 8330. They don't all have the audio problem.
    12-18-08 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD