Hi All, My question is somewhat of an extension of the thread started by Subcpo. My first question is the same as his ....How to edit the address book on the PC? My second question is ...Can the address book be moved to the sd card and can a seperate address book be created... for something like work numbers?

Thanks in advance
    10-15-08 08:48 PM
    to edit it on the pc you have to use outlook or something like that, that can sync with the bb
    you can set up filters in the address book for different contacts
    10-15-08 08:56 PM
    I didn't think the Blackberry could sync with Outlook. Are there settings to make it sync? I didn't think it could because there isn't anyhting in the desktop manager for syncing to outlook and when I upgraded to the Blackberry from the Q it gave me the ablity to bring over my contacts but excluded all extra info like pics.

But thanks and I am going to add to my contact list in outlook that was left there and try it out.

Thanks
    10-15-08 09:14 PM
    On your Blackberry Desktop Manager, click syncronize, then click the configuration Tab and select configure sync. You need to set up your sync for each aspect of Outlook. (address book, calendar, etc.)
    10-15-08 09:31 PM
    Hi All, My question is somewhat of an extension of the thread started by Subcpo. My first question is the same as his ....How to edit the address book on the PC? My second question is ...Can the address book be moved to the sd card and can a seperate address book be created... for something like work numbers?

Thanks in advance
    Stewdaddy has you going in the right direction with his Desktop Manager Outlook synch instructions. Outlook is probably the most common PIM for the BlackBerry. It's so prevalent that BlackBerry doesn't have a dedicated one like Palm has.

To answer your second question, no, you cannot more the address book to the microSD card. Just use one address book in Outlook and put everything in that. You can use categories to filter work, personal, restaurants, however you want to divide your contacts.
    10-15-08 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD