I have a user who's reported having a white screen on his Blackberry 8830. I've seen before a white screen with an hourglass in the middle, or with small black text, but the user reports that the screen is completely blank. I've had the user do a hard restart (removing/reinserting the battery), along with reinstalling the Desktop Manager software, and it still hasn't fixed the user's problem (even after trying to use the Application Loader).

Is there something I'm missing? Is the Blackberry hosed? It's one that was passed down to him when he took over his current position.
    06-10-08 12:18 PM
    Yeah, that happened to my 8830 last night. Just a plain white screen. I did a battery pull and it fixed it. I was wondering what was going on also.
    06-11-08 02:13 AM
    i have another problem....every day or so my email stops coming in.......on chking the file free is 0.....with hard restart....taking the battery out for 8 secs or so the problmem is fixed for a day or so.......but , get thistheh total memory on my file free execced that listed for file total which shd be a consatnt #, no??Help
    06-12-08 10:28 PM
    on a verizon 8830 can you teransfer yr address book to yr memory card????and if so how
    how can i prevent my file free going to zero and eating up my messages......when i take out the battery fro 8 secs or so....the file free is active again but always more than file total?????strange????/help??????verizon was not able to help....i have already deleted some applications
    06-12-08 10:32 PM
    i have another problem....every day or so my email stops coming in.......on chking the file free is 0.....with hard restart....taking the battery out for 8 secs or so the problmem is fixed for a day or so.......but , get thistheh total memory on my file free execced that listed for file total which shd be a consatnt #, no??Help
    You need to make sure that all apps are closed out when down, you may want to clean the cache on the browser, and see what unneeded apps you have on the phone you can delete.
    06-13-08 11:33 AM
    see the following link about the white screen.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...t=white+screen
    06-13-08 11:44 AM
    I have a white screen and tried the fixes recommended...but still no results. Screen stays white.

Wineberry

I have a user who's reported having a white screen on his Blackberry 8830. I've seen before a white screen with an hourglass in the middle, or with small black text, but the user reports that the screen is completely blank. I've had the user do a hard restart (removing/reinserting the battery), along with reinstalling the Desktop Manager software, and it still hasn't fixed the user's problem (even after trying to use the Application Loader).

Is there something I'm missing? Is the Blackberry hosed? It's one that was passed down to him when he took over his current position.
    07-19-08 06:48 PM
    This happened completely by accident, but the user had noticed the next day that his battery had ran out. After charging it back up, he turned it on, and everything worked normally.

Try draining the battery.
    07-21-08 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD