Hi anyone,

Is there a program to help sync my Blackberry 8830 to Microsoft Outlook emal program?

Thanks,

bernadette
    01-07-09 12:31 PM
    I have a 8330 and I use Outlook.

When you set up the desktop manager from the disc that comes with your phone, it will give you the option to sync with MS Outlook.
    01-07-09 12:33 PM
    Does DM work with only a certain version of Outlook? I'm having the same problem as the OP. I'm currently running Outlook 2007 andI updated DM to the latest version (4.7?) And since then, when I go to try to sync, Outlook isn't an option. I know its possible because I was able to sync my calendars and contacts from Outlook when I first got the phone when it was first released.

Anybody have an ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 11:41 PM
    Does DM work with only a certain version of Outlook? I'm having the same problem as the OP. I'm currently running Outlook 2007 andI updated DM to the latest version (4.7?) And since then, when I go to try to sync, Outlook isn't an option. I know its possible because I was able to sync my calendars and contacts from Outlook when I first got the phone when it was first released.

Anybody have an ideas?

It works you have to set the device manager up to look for the outlook files. I believe the settings are under the sync option>settings. From there you have to set it up to synch contacts, calendar, notes, & tasks. You can also tell it to only do one way syncs from the device to outlook or the other way around. I like the 2 way sync as it keeps everything the same.

01-08-09 06:44 AM
    It works you have to set the device manager up to look for the outlook files. I believe the settings are under the sync option>settings. From there you have to set it up to synch contacts, calendar, notes, & tasks. You can also tell it to only do one way syncs from the device to outlook or the other way around. I like the 2 way sync as it keeps everything the same.

Tried doing that, when I try to select any of those items to sync, Outlook isn't listed they just have some generic stuff. I probably have to reinstall both DM and Outlook for it to work properly but that will take a bit of time, thought there would be another way

01-08-09 08:36 AM
    I am using DM 4.6 and it syncs fine with Outlook 2007. As a matter of fact, the other day I UNinstalled Office2007 since the trial that came with my new vista computer expired and I figured I go back to OfficeXP Pro (2002). But Outlook on that would not run on Vista. So I picked up Office Small Business from Costco on Monday (instant rebate) and installed that. It found my Contacts, Memo (calendar seemed missing) and then I re-sync-ed again using DM and all is right with the world. Just another data point.
    01-08-09 09:51 AM
    Tried doing that, when I try to select any of those items to sync, Outlook isn't listed they just have some generic stuff. I probably have to reinstall both DM and Outlook for it to work properly but that will take a bit of time, thought there would be another way

What version did you upgrade from for the DM?
    01-08-09 05:44 PM
    Hi Margie,

Thank you for your suggestions.

Bernadette
    01-08-09 11:24 PM
    What version did you upgrade from for the DM?
    4.5 and even in that version it didn't work. Last time I got it working was with the original DM that came with the 8830 (4.2)

01-09-09 10:30 PM
    I use Outlook 2003 and have had no issues with syncing to it. I am using DM 4.2 as well.
    01-10-09 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD