I baught 3 nos. Of blackberry ( model no.8830 world edition)in usa for my family in last july. I am on visit to india for the last few months & none of the cllphone is working, neither gsm nor cdma. I was made to understand that it would work everywere in the world. Will b grateful if someone help to solve the problem
    12-28-09 08:32 AM
    It looks like most of India is covered by Verizon (or more likely a sister carrier) based on this coverage map:

Calling From India

To check your phone, do the following:

Go to Manage Connections>Mobile Network Options and verify that the Network Mode is Global. This should automatically find a GSM carrier. If you want to manually select a carrier, go to Network Mode, and select GSM. You can then go to Network Selection Mode and select Manual, and the phone will search for available networks that you can then select to connect to.

The other option would be to unlock your phone (there is a thread discussing this on this forum), and insert a local sim card in the phone.
    12-29-09 06:44 AM
    I baught 3 nos. Of blackberry ( model no.8830 world edition)in usa for my family in last july. I am on visit to india for the last few months & none of the cllphone is working, neither gsm nor cdma. I was made to understand that it would work everywere in the world. Will b grateful if someone help to solve the problem
    you need to unlock the phone
    why dont you sell it to me
    call me on +91 9850507186
    01-10-10 07:13 AM
    U can call me on 00919819515198 will do it free for u.. i am in mumbai (India)
    01-10-10 10:36 PM
    U can call me on 00919819515198 will do it free for u.. i am in mumbai (India)
    we have talked
    and you told me that you will charge me 1500/hendset
    and now you are telling you'll do it for free
    02-08-10 07:31 AM
    Please visit blackberrymep.com
    I got my Reliance BB 8830 unlocked for using any GSM SIM.
    Great Service, Best of all FOC !!!!

Thanks a lot to team @ blackberrymep

04-16-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD