OK, I have searched and looked through the Desktop Manager help files to no avail...

When I got my Sprint 8830 the company I work for had not yet gotten me set up with BES. So I set up myself to get email on my BB for my work and personal email addresses. Upgraded to BBSmart Email client. All was good.

Then today they got me set up on BES, synchronization went fine. Except for one thing..

I was expecting, having come from the Palm OS world (Treo 700p) with GoodLink, that when either:

A. an email message on the BB or Outlook via the PC was read it would synchronize with Exchange and show the same message on my notebook PC when viewing in Outlook as having been read

AND

B. an email message on the BB or via noebook PC in Outlook was DELETED it would synchronize with Exchange and show the same message on my BB and notebook PC when viewing in Outlook as deleted

AND

C. When an email is replied to, on the BB or Outlook on my notebook, it would show the replied message in the sent folder both on my BB and in the Sent items in Outlook.
    i.e. total synchronization

It is problematic to:

- have to delete on the other platform when it was already deleted on one
    - remember which I replied to and where to find the sent email

Am I missing something to get the above or is this not possible?

Second question...

When I initially set up email prior to get BES connection completed, the email address was set as [email protected] but am concerned, since we just changed from [email protected] to zeemote.com that it should still be set to [email protected]. I say this due to while the email addresses have changed to [email protected] we had to do nothing on our PC's to the Exchange connection settings. Make sense?
    01-15-08 09:22 PM
    Have only had the 8830 two weeks. I am using BES. When I delete a message on the BB it shows up deleted on the server. When I send a message, it puts it in the send email box on the server and vice versa.

Make sure you have delete on "mailbox and handheld" in "email reconciliation settings" and "save a copy in sent folder" as "yes" in email settings. There are many settings that need to be configured with a BB that provide lots of options. Quite different than the Treo 700wx I used to use, which was quite limited.
    01-17-08 12:59 PM
    The reason for your problems is that you are now twice synchronized by the email account you setup previously and through BES.

To resolve, on application screen go to E-mail Settings and delete your workplace email account.

Have the BB reset by take out the battery for a minute and insetr back.

Wait untill fully uploaded.

If it doesn't solve the problem, you'll have to reactivate your BES.

To do so you have your IT administrator get you a password.

enjoy
    02-22-08 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD