Ok, here's an odd one...

Uninstalled a prog from my BB, and elected to have Desktop Manager run a backup before uninstalling. When the whole process was finished, the default BB Browser is missing and nowhere to be found. I can see all of its data files, but the icon will not come up. What's more odd is that the Advanced Options | Browser which usually shows "BB Browser" is blank and I cannot select anything.

I think I did myself in and require a wipe, but just in case anyone else has come across this, I'm throwing it out there...
    07-12-07 01:28 PM
    Holy ****, I realized what happened. A TON of service books are missing!!! How this happened through the backup and restoral....ehh.... ::shrug:: Time to wipe and restore.
    07-12-07 01:30 PM
    Why not log into your BIS account, and resend the service books?
    07-12-07 02:00 PM
    Great advice, I'll keep it in mind for next time, didnt know I could do that :-[ I just called VZ and had them resend them. Wasn't sure if it was something that was corrupted within the phone that would require a wipe (it didn't), but I also took the time to ask why service books would get erased during a backup, if they had ever heard of such a thing. They had no knowledge, but "placed a comment on my file", so.....yeap.
    07-12-07 02:09 PM
    Just a quick word of advice....Always try and do this..It wont harm to resend the Service Books...
    07-12-07 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD