I have a BB 8830 with Verizon, OS v4.2, DM v4.2.2.12, running on Vista (yes, the dreaded Vista).

I have been quite happy with my BB 8830 and the synch function. I had no problems until recently (meaning, I have synched the unit MANY times and it worked flawlessly).

Over the last few weeks I have been having a problem synching with Outlook. Specifically, it asks me if I want to delete Outlook entries (LOTS of them) even though my synch settings tell it to keep everything and my BB Calendar Options settings say "Keep Appointments Forever".

I have tried a solution that has been described in other forums (maybe even here) which involves deleting the calendar from my BB (using DM and the Backup and Restore -> Advanced-> Calendar -> Clear), taking the battery out, and re-synching again. It does synch up correctly but the next day (and sometimes a few hours later) if I try to re-synch it does it again. I did not delete the item called "Calendar Options".

I noticed something interesting in the BB Calendar Options, Number of Entries field. The entry is correct right after I synch but a few hours later, the number has gone down! Right now it says it has 2501 entries (which is correct) but earlier in the day it had that number and a few hours later it went down to 855!

Please, please, please, don't tell me to upgrade to OS 4.5. Verizon doesn't "officially" support it and I'd rather try a solution qith the versions I currently have installed.

Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide.
    04-28-09 12:03 AM
    Verizon has released version 4.5.0.138, so you can upgrade to that version. I can't comment on the deletion of the calendar entries since that has not happened to me.

Take the plunge and upgrade. You will find that it is worth it.
    04-28-09 05:48 AM
    Thanks. I'll check it out.
    04-28-09 09:02 AM
    You may also be running into a memory issue. If you don't frequently reboot (alt-caps-del for mine) or do a battery pull, it's possible that keeping your entries forever is using up sufficient memory that it wants to dump some. You might try changing your setting to something less eternal on your BB, and only save that really old appointments on your computer's calendar. Just a thought. I changed mine to all future events, but only 60 days of past events, and it's been acting much better lately.
    04-29-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD