When my battery goes low the led flashes green, my guess is that draws power unnecessarily (though not much, but when you are at 15% and on the road all day, I'd like to save as much as possible) . Is there anyway to adjust this setting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-07 07:23 AM
    Car Charger!
    11-20-07 09:07 AM
    If your on the road why not pick up a car charger? That might be a good investment. You can most likely get one off ebay relatively cheap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-07 09:47 AM
    Car Charger!
    By "on the road" I really mean on the tracks

I work in NYC and take a train everyday to the city and then Subways to most meetings.

Forgot to plug in last night.
    11-20-07 10:18 AM
    Well if you are on subways the constant search for signals could be draining your battery. I know it may be a pain to power it off each time but if it helps to prolong your battery thru the day.

I used to work in DC, would take the train to and from work (which was underground - so no signal ever). There were only a couple of areas where I would be underground and a loss of signal, but turning it off helped to keep my battery life going until I got home.

is your LED coverage indicator set to off? (just curious)
    Lower your backlight and backlight timeout settings.
    cant hurt to try any of those to see if there is any significant preservation of battery life
    You would have to do what would work best for you.
    11-20-07 10:52 AM
    Yes the coverage indicator is set to off.
    Shutting off in subways does save quite a bit.
    I am not in real trouble with it, I just thought that it seems to be a waste of power to run the LED for the purpose of reminding me the battery is low...it does not seem to be something that can be changed.

P.S. DC's Metro is THE BEST subway system in the country! I used to live on MD's Eastern Shore and would travel in for fun.
    11-20-07 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD