I love my Blackberry, but I've been having so many problems with it.

First I had to return it and get a whole new Blackberry when I wouldn't receive any incoming calls, and could only make outgoing calls when I turned it off then turned it back on.

Next I had to get a new battery because even after I charged it for 8 hours at night, while I was at school for 6 hours it was down to low battery (with no use...just in the holster). They said it was a bad battery and it should be fine.

Now it's happening again. It's like the battery's fine at first, but then a few days later it starts dying even with no use! I was at work for 5 1/2 hours, charged it for 7 hours at night, and it's at low battery again. I make sure to only charge my battery when it's very low since the people at Sprint told me if I charged it while it was half-full or so that it would lower the battery life.

I don't know what to do! I can't keep going back every week to get a new battery. And I don't want a different phone.
    09-30-07 01:55 PM
    Do you have some program running in the background that is constantly accessing the network?
    09-30-07 03:41 PM
    No, I have nothing running.
    09-30-07 04:46 PM
    I'm having the exact same problem with my 8830. My battery is dead after about 4 or 5 hours with zero usage. I took it to the Sprint store where they tested it and said there were no problems with the battery.

The other big problem I'm having is that I often do not receive calls, and when a person leaves a voice mail or sends a text message to my phone, I do not receive that notification until I make an outgoing call. Almost instantly when I start dialing out, I get the new message notifications. It's almost as if my phone is off the network, except for when I'm making outgoing calls. The Sprint techs couldn't figure it out and some didn't even believe me, but after A LOT of calls to customer care and threatening to change carriers, they finally agreed to send me a brand new Palm 700. I guess I would rather have the 8830 if it worked, because I really like the phone otherwise. But if I can't receive calls and if I have to charge it three times a day, it's no good to me!
    09-30-07 11:28 PM
    I solved all of these problems. :]
    I was on the phone with the Sprint Operator, trying to fix another problem, and he had me take the battery out and put it back in.
    Once I turned on my phone I got about 50 e-mails I had been missing.
    Now my phone and battery work PERFECT.
    10-02-07 09:09 PM
    Wow so the ever efficient battery pull solved everything??
    10-02-07 09:16 PM
    OK from now on "Battery Pull" is the answer to everything!!!
    10-02-07 09:16 PM
    Ok, this is funny. I came on here earlier today and looked back at this thread (I wrote about my issue a few posts up in this thread). I read that tragiclove removed the battery and everything worked for them. So I thought to myself... hmmmm. I wonder if any of the techs ever tried that with my phone. Did it at 1:00 and now the battery life is completely back to normal! I can't believe it. I get e-mails, texts, and voicemails instantly! Battery pull is the answer to everything, indeed. Thanks! And thank God I don't have to use the clunky, oversized Palm Treo 700 that Sprint sent me as a replacement.
    10-03-07 05:33 PM
    Ok, this is funny. I came on here earlier today and looked back at this thread (I wrote about my issue a few posts up in this thread). I read that tragiclove removed the battery and everything worked for them. So I thought to myself... hmmmm. I wonder if any of the techs ever tried that with my phone. Did it at 1:00 and now the battery life is completely back to normal! I can't believe it. I get e-mails, texts, and voicemails instantly! Battery pull is the answer to everything, indeed. Thanks! And thank God I don't have to use the clunky, oversized Palm Treo 700 that Sprint sent me as a replacement.
    Dude, you are one lucky guy. I had a Treo 700 for 2 months and it was the worst POS I ever had. I spent every single day with the device on the phone with tech support. My 8830 has not caused me to call once in 3 weeks.
    10-03-07 11:17 PM
    I used to have the same problem when i was with Sprint/Nextel, except it wasn't with the BB. i had 2 that razr that held a charge for about 4 hours and i would never use the phone. I eventually returned the phone and got 2 nextels and same thing with that. I talked to a tech at the store and they said that becuase of the system that Sprint runs on it, it uses more battery. I returned the phones and went to Alltel and started off with a razr. I use my phone constantly and my battery would last for days. Now my girlfriend and I have BB and are constantly on them, i mean we use them a lot and still get 2 or more days out of the battery. I personally don't think your batteries are bad, i think it's your service.
    10-04-07 10:42 AM
    I agree with verison if your phone switched back and forth between EVdo and 1x you wil lose battery life real quick cause it uses more power so I am told....

I have noticed this cause the building a work in I switch out of both services all the time... But using a USB cord at work charges it right up...

But yes I have to agree it is the service not the phone or battery it's is the carrier wanting more power for the service area....
    10-04-07 03:26 PM
    I switched to the 8830 from a Treo 700w, and the battery life is literally 3x better on the BB. The Treo would be down to 20% battery after about 12 hrs of email, and intermittent phone usage ... the BB only needs charging every other day or so.
    10-05-07 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD