Hi,
    I just got my third blackberry (the other two sadly died in accidents). They have all been 8830 Verizon.

The one I just got has terrible battery life. It dies in less than 24 hours. Is this due to the battery that comes with the phone? or the phone itself. I don't run applications such as bluetooth and I always put it on standby for the key lock.
    My last two blackberrys of the same model could go three days without dying.

Thanks
    05-20-08 11:06 AM
    Being a newb myself, don't have much to suggest other than, how much signal is your bb getting? If the the reception's poor the radio part of the bb will "hunt" for the signal and have to transmit much more frequently than when it has a strong signal. I barely get a signal where I live & my bb lasts <24 hrs. With an adequate or better signal, 2-3 days of moderate to heavy use is the norm.
    05-20-08 04:20 PM
    I thought I had a bad battery with my new 8330. It didn't charge to more than 80% the first night I had it and drained rather quickly the next day. I gave it another night and fully charged it again - no problems now.

Give it a good full charge again overnight and see if that doesn't fix it. If it doesn't, you may have just gotten a bad one & will need to exchange w/ Verizon.
    05-20-08 06:16 PM
    If you are looking to buy a new battery try the seidio. A little bit pricy, but wirth every dollars it cost.
    05-20-08 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD