Has anyone had the issue of Avantgo not being able to sync over BES? Is this an app issue or security issue? I was able t get this without an issue on my Treo 650 (live) when I 'upgraded' to a Treo 700p it just rebooted everytime. Niow I have a BB 8830 and I can't even get the app to connect. Some assistance please...
    10-01-07 10:51 AM
    Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem right now.
    01-07-08 10:43 AM
    When I initially got my VZW 8830, I installed Avantgo and it worked very well. Each morning, I'd have freshly-synced news at my fingertips. Then all of a sudden, no more synching. Occasionally it would go through a long update process, but there wouldn't be any data. I posted here about it and got no response. Apparently I'm not alone. Hopefully someone will post a solution.
    01-07-08 12:00 PM
    I think I read somewhere that Avantgo was having update issues due to the providers either blocking or somehow slowing the content.

One thing I know for sure is that the bandwidth providers do not like services like Avantgo simply because they use a lot of bandwidth.
    03-24-08 04:25 PM
    I have the same issue. I have a BB pearl 8100 with t-mo. I can't even browse to the page to view my stuff. If anyone figured this out send me a mess. pin:242dbc78

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-08 10:31 AM
    I have the same issue. I have a BB pearl 8100 with t-mo. I can't even browse to the page to view my stuff. If anyone figured this out send me a mess. pin:242dbc78

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-08 10:42 AM
    Most people became disenchanted with Avantgo due to sync problems. But AvantGo is great if you want full articles downloaded automatically like I do, so you can read them when out of coverage (like when I'm in the NYC subway). I had a problem with sync errors until I learned that it was due to a memory leak issue with AvantGo. I then learned that the leak problem (for AvantGo and other apps) could be remedied by just disconnecting the battery for a couple minutes periodically (e.g., daily) to free up the memory. Just have to make sure the memory doesn't get too low. If I do the battery on a daily basis (because I have AvantGo set to automatically sync each morning), then AvantGo pretty much stays free of sync problems. I was frustrated with AvantGo for a while until I figured this out. Now I consider it a great app again, even though it is a little annoying having to remember to disconnect the battery every day.
    11-30-08 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD