Is there a way for the 8830 to automatically update the time when travelling into new time zones other than manually changing the time zone? My a900 automatically updated, and I can't imagine a newer, more advanced phone not doing the same
    07-28-08 05:45 PM
    Nope. When you go into the options it will display the network time, but what is displayed on your screen is based off of the time zone you have set. You do have to manually change it. It confused me the first time I went to a different time zone with my BB.
    07-28-08 07:11 PM
    Is there a way for the 8830 to automatically update the time when travelling into new time zones other than manually changing the time zone? My a900 automatically updated, and I can't imagine a newer, more advanced phone not doing the same
    Nope. When you go into the options it will display the network time, but what is displayed on your screen is based off of the time zone you have set. You do have to manually change it. It confused me the first time I went to a different time zone with my BB.
    Thomas is correct. Read the essay in my sig line that explains the reasons why Rim handles time zones the way they do. I wrote it to answer most questions. If you still have a question after reading it, please post.
    Last edited by JeffH; 07-28-08 at 08:22 PM. Reason: typo
    07-28-08 08:21 PM
    Trouble is that this whole thing is geared towards Outlooks. They should let you choose if you want to be automatically updated based on the program you are using.

Lotus lets you choose what time zone you would like to set an appointment up for.

It's frustrating...but not a deal killer...which I'm sure is why it hasn't changed. But in today's world it's about OPTIONS!
    01-22-09 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD