So I've had a BB for about 2 weeks now and I love it, until everything was cleared from the phone.

I set a security code on the phone and when I connect to to the computer and put in the code, it tells me it is wrong.

So, stupidly I did it until the 11th try and it cleared all my data.

Now it still says my code is wrong and for some reason when I surf the web, it now doesn't have the "Go To" selection or my bookmarks.

Anyone know what the heck is up?
    02-17-08 02:22 AM
    Remember when entering the code on your BlackBerry, if you're not holding the alt key, and you have numbers in your code (or you think you do), it's not really numbers, but characters. So, if entering it on the pc, you have to remember to enter characters, and not numbers...

I have a friend that has a code of 7896. But, when he enters it, he does NOT hold the alt key, so it's not really 7896, but zxcf (this is on a Curve). He kept trying to enter 7896 on his pc and couldn't understand why it wouldn't work...

Anyway, you get my point.
    02-17-08 05:21 AM
    naviwilliams!!!

thank you sooo much, I thought I was going crazy- I just tried the char code and it worked perfectly!!!

Now I need to get back to restoring all the stuff I did in the past 2 weeks.

Anyways, I just want to add that I love the BB and will never ever go back to Windows. I now 100% understand what it means to have a CrackBerry...

Thanks again!!!

See you later
    02-17-08 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD