I've had the 8830 from sprint for a couple months now. I've called, texted, and used GPS all fine. I have gotten calls and called people all the time, with no problems. However, a few nights ago, it came to attention that my friends had been trying to call me many times, my phone not giving any notification at all. I thought that it may be signal, but it's not...

I tested this by having multiple people call me(all from different carriers). My signal during this was about 4/5 bars. The calls just would not go through. They call, go through the rings, and eventually get to my voicemail. During all of this my phone does absolutely nothing, but later on I get a notification of having voicemail, which they left.

Today my phone works fine, and people have called me. This has now happened a couple of times(to my knowledge). I'm afraid that I'm missing calls without my knowing anything about it.

Anyone ever experience this?!
    01-31-08 02:43 PM
    When this happens does it delete your call history and text messages? If so it's because your device memory is running low. It has happened to me, so the next time it happens, go to Options>Status> and if it has a 0 next to File Free, then do a battery pull and it will fix it all. The 8130 and 8830 have this issue while having low memory. Hope this helps!
    01-31-08 03:40 PM
    You probably have Do Not Disturb turned on. Turn that off.

BTW, this setting is at the bottom of each of your Profiles under the Phone listing.... you know, where you specify the ringtone and loudness settings. Check it. It's possible you only have it set on a perticular profile and if you switch profiles that would explain why it's happening sometimes and not others.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 01-31-08 at 04:46 PM.
    01-31-08 04:44 PM
    Yeah Man, You're Not The Only One!!!
    01-31-08 05:29 PM
    When this happens does it delete your call history and text messages? If so it's because your device memory is running low. It has happened to me, so the next time it happens, go to Options>Status> and if it has a 0 next to File Free, then do a battery pull and it will fix it all. The 8130 and 8830 have this issue while having low memory. Hope this helps!
    Its possible I had low memory, but definitely not 0. I did a battery pull just to make sure. I do occasionally have a program open(such as google maps) but I don't hog the resources.
    You probably have Do Not Disturb turned on. Turn that off.

BTW, this setting is at the bottom of each of your Profiles under the Phone listing.... you know, where you specify the ringtone and loudness settings. Check it. It's possible you only have it set on a perticular profile and if you switch profiles that would explain why it's happening sometimes and not others.
    Checked them all, that's a good idea. I didn't have that option on though, so that's not it.

Thanks guys
    01-31-08 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD