I heard about the blackberry outage for AT&T, where they were not getting emails, but still able to make calls. Has a similar thing happened to anybody here who uses Verizon?

I ask this because this literally happened with in the past 2 nights. The weird part is the wife has an 8130 (also through Verizon) and has been receiving her emails.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    James
    02-14-08 10:55 AM
    I'm not

I went into my email account settings and set it up again just to re-confirm. After that I got about 35 emails at once...some from a few days ago, and some from today. Try that...I'm still not sure if mine is fully up and running again, but it did make them load that one time.
    02-14-08 11:34 AM
    I'm also not receiving all of my e-mail messages. A few are getting through, but very few. I did a battery pull, which is supposed to fix all that is broken, and that hasn't helped.

This seems to have started with the RIM outage, which affected all BBs in North America, not just those on AT&T. I'm on Verizon and thought it was just something with my BB.
    02-14-08 05:00 PM
    I had the same issue after the outage... went to the BIS site and "changed" (not really, just enabled/disabled) a filter for both my account and they both started working again.

BIS was not polling the email servers, so it had nothing to push. Very odd. After this little "wake up" on the BIS site, they started working again.
    02-14-08 07:47 PM
    I seem to be back up and running again. I did a little bit of everything, so I can't say which option seemed to fix the problem.

1. I did a battery pull (that didn't seem to fix the e-mail problem)
    2. I dialed *228 and did a roaming update (on Verizon)
    3. I went to the Verizon Wireless Web site and accessed my BIS account: (a) sent my service book and (b) checked the option to leave e-mails on the server

I think it was option 3(b) that corrected the problem. That option was originally checked so I don't know what caused the change. However, I seem to be receiving all of my e-mails now, both on my PC/Outlook and on my BB.

Hopefully, it will still be working tomorrow.
    Last edited by mededitor; 02-14-08 at 10:15 PM. Reason: spelling correction
    02-14-08 09:50 PM
    OK, I got my BB working again and it has been trouble-free for about 18 hours.

First off, I updated the phone and cleared the memory. That is something they always ask you...

I checked my mail passwords using the online interface. Now, most of my passwords are the same length, except for one. When I updated my mail servers (essentially deleting the account and then adding it again), I noticed that the longer password was getting placed into EVERY other account. Changes were saved, but no messages were getting through.

I went into the email settings on the 8830 and manually changed each password. Following that, I got an email flood. As of this writing, I still have been receiving messages. As to mededitor's post about option 3b, I too had that selected, but it was that way during my outtage.

Again, I hope this helps,

James
    Last edited by james_gerraughty; 02-15-08 at 08:47 AM.
    02-15-08 07:18 AM
    I haven't had any problems with ny 8830 with Verizon. The best thing all of you can do is go back to the BIS and resend the service books. Do this after you do a batt pull and a register now. This should give you everything you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-08 07:27 AM
    Place bets on 3(b) as being your fix. Resending the service books only affects your Phone<->BIS communications. The problem was that the BIS server was not actually polling the email accounts to even check for new mails. This was something easy to confirm when you run your own email server.
    02-15-08 09:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD