I have an 8830 with Verizon. I recently upgraded to the .176 OS. I fell like ever since that day, I have been having more trouble with my blackberry than before. I will check my phone and will gt random messages saying that my email accounts have been activated. The one main one that keeps happening is that my messages will suddenly all delete. Call Log, SMS and 2 separate email messages.
    I dont know if this is directly happening because of the .176 upgrade or not but none of these problems seemed to happen before. Anyone run into this issue and what have you done to fix it. Thanks in advance for your help.
    12-18-07 03:13 PM
    From reading on this board. It seems this happens when you are running low on memory. Try rebooting the phone periodically. I do it about every week, but I also delete all my messages the next day. I know when I did the OS update I too got the messages that my emails are now registered, but that was only a one time deal.
    12-18-07 04:22 PM
    What I do to prevent this is while holding the ALT Key.. type in L then G then L then G (ALT L G L G) then let go.. pull up the menu to clear all logs and then stop logging altogether. Its how I avoided this after the 4th day of 8830 ownership. I have memoryUP installed also which monitors the memory. I know there are others out there but no idea.
    12-18-07 04:29 PM
    how do you stop logging altogether?
    01-02-08 02:55 AM
    Here is a really good way to free up memory on your device:

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ
    01-02-08 04:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD