Hey all, I just got this phone and I love it like you wouldn't believe. I'm setting up pocketmac right now, but I'm wondering if it's possible to have AIM or iChat somehow set up on this? I understand the pin thing, but seeing as most of friends dont have a blackberry, I'm kind of in a bind. I think I read somewhere something about a program called Google Talk, does anyone know what that is? or anything that would work?? Thank you SO much.
    10-21-07 03:57 PM
    Welcome to crackberry.com!

These forums are full of great information to help feed your addiction.

The search will become your best friend.

Personally I use JiveTalk and am very pleased with the software.

Check it out JiveTalk

Cheers
    10-21-07 04:04 PM
    haha yeah, I usually try to search for something before I post. I hate it when people ask something on the message boards I'm on without searching first. However, I tried! and failed! miserably. Jive talk looks cool! thanks for showing me that. I'm really looking for a free application, I spent A LOT of money on the phone, I'd rather not have to do it anymore.
    10-21-07 04:11 PM
    I don't blame you for not wanting to dish out $20 for Jivetalk, but trust me it is worth every dollar. They also offer a 30 day free trial. Try it out for 30 days for free. I don't think that there are any free IM programs, atleast not for Verizon. Give it a try, beejive :: JiveTalk mobile messaging from your Blackberry.
    Relletti likes this.
    10-21-07 04:26 PM
    Ramble� Instant Messenger Download
    i got it the third day i got my BB and it works great. only problem is i have alltel and im not sure if it will work with verizon, worth a shot though its 100% free
    10-21-07 06:15 PM
    Thanks guys, you all have been really helpful I'm going to try Ramble and Jive talk and see which one I like from there. $20 really isnt THAT bad, so maybe after a month if I like it I might get that one. I've heard ramble does have its share of bugs though, any comment on that?
    10-21-07 07:07 PM
    I am almost finished with my 30 day trial of JiveTalk... I will purchse it soon! AWESOME!
    10-22-07 10:50 AM
    i have a verizon 8830 - ramble and gizmo won't work. but jivetalk works like a charm. i'll also be purchasing it shortly.
    10-23-07 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD