I feel really stupid asking this, but I can't find the answer anywhere, and this seems like something a BB should be able to do--especially since my last phone ("free" flip phone) could do it.

When someone who I already have in my address book calls me, I want to add their phone number to the existing entry. Or, if they e-mail me, and I don't have the e-mail address, I want to add their e-mail to the address book entry.

I can't figure out how to do this other than by copying and pasting. Why can't I update an existing entry with a new phone number or e-mail? Basically, I want to hit the menu button and have the option of adding the phone number or e-mail to an existing address book entry. Why doesn't this option exist?

Or does it, and I'm just being obtuse?
    11-21-07 02:20 PM
    Believe it or not... Copy paste is the only way to do this!
    11-21-07 02:23 PM
    Wow...just wow.

How long has RIM been doing this, and they're outclassed by a Samsung SCH-a870 in this feature?

Is there a way to request new features with RIM? Maybe this could be in a subsequent release.
    11-21-07 03:18 PM
    My sentiments exactly when I found this out. I have already made this request to RIM.
    11-26-07 10:33 AM
    Lets say I've a contact John in my adds book # 323 333 3333

that's it.

Now John calls me from his work/desk phone 444 222 1111

I'm done with my call and i see 444 222 1111 in my call log.

I should be able to

Simply click on the name and have the option of either
    a. add as new contact
    b. append or modify existing contact.

If i select option a. I enter a new name and I'm done

If I select option b. I should

i. be able to replace an existing number (with confirmation)
    ii or insert the number into an empty phone field with no confirmation.

I find it unacceptable that a $500 phone cannot do this. All my old Nokias and Sonys have been able to do this for years.
    02-14-09 07:46 PM
    PS: Please don't tell me to copy and paste. That's a LAME work around and not a real solution.
    02-14-09 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD