Hi all,

I'm a total NOOB with my Blackberry 8830 but I already love it. And this forum has been awesome. My question (and I don't know if this is even possible) is can I add a 3rd email address for the 8830 to check or am I limited to only 2?

I hope this isn't a dumb question but again I'm just starting out.

Thanx
    02-16-08 09:46 PM
    You can add up to ten.
    02-16-08 09:50 PM
    Thanks a lot. Thing is I've put in 2 already and now it's asking me for a new PIN. How do I get around that? Sorry if I sound dumb.
    02-27-08 09:47 AM
    New PIN? Are you trying to add them online on your BIS account, or through your phone?
    02-27-08 10:07 AM
    I thought thru my phone. But maybe I'm ending up online. Sorry if I sound dumb but I'm really a noob.
    04-12-08 11:59 PM
    Go under email setup on the phone, not BES Activation.
    04-13-08 10:30 AM
    For clarification Andrew, when they're saying online, they mean on the computer. Your options are to setup accounts through your phone or through bis access on a computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-08 10:34 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    04-13-08 04:24 PM
    noob here too... getting ready to set up my email so this is helpful...

not trying to hijack, but i just bought a bb8830 used and need to delete the previous owner's email off the phone... any ideas? do i have to call VZW CS to get it taken off? I tried searching but no luck...

Thanks in advance!
    Brandon
    04-18-08 01:19 AM
    noob here too... getting ready to set up my email so this is helpful...

not trying to hijack, but i just bought a bb8830 used and need to delete the previous owner's email off the phone... any ideas? do i have to call VZW CS to get it taken off? I tried searching but no luck...

Thanks in advance!
    Brandon

Did the previous owner have the PIN removed from the VZW database...assuming they did...you can just do a "Wipe Handheld " (Settings/Options/Security/General Settings/Menu key/Wipe Handheld) and the service books wont come back..BUT if they never requested for the release of the PIN you'll keep getting their service books and also not be able to register your device in the BIS..personal recommendation...contact VZW, have them review it with you.
    04-18-08 02:17 AM
    k i will do that in the next couple days... the lady bought it, had it for two months, then her employer bought the same phone for her use, for sprint, so she sold her 8830 to me... if need be i can get ahold of her if there is a problem... i'm assuming she deactivated her pin from this phone and registered with her new phone, but it still has an icon on the main screen....

For future knowledge, what are service books? is that the info that is sent to the phone from the email services? this is my first blackberry so i'm learning a huge amount of info at this stage...

Thanks for the info, i'll check into it...
    Brandon
    Last edited by snowboarder61; 04-18-08 at 03:02 AM.
    04-18-08 02:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD