...my 8830. Now what?

What do you recommend I do w/ the card and what's the best way to access it?

Thanks!
    01-12-08 06:23 PM
    Well, u can put music on it. That is what's on mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-08 07:08 PM
    Besides music, you can download files that have been emailed to you, and then use desktop manager when you're hooked up to access your files and work on them. Handy when you're somewhere you don't have a data connection for your laptop, etc. Not totally exciting, but good in a pinch.
    01-12-08 07:23 PM
    Add your favorite pics to it...
    01-12-08 08:03 PM
    Put movies on it....very nice screen for movies.
    01-12-08 09:06 PM
    where can i get movies?
    01-12-08 09:30 PM
    Besides music, you can download files that have been emailed to you, and then use desktop manager when you're hooked up to access your files and work on them. Handy when you're somewhere you don't have a data connection for your laptop, etc. Not totally exciting, but good in a pinch.
    How do I save the files that have been email as attachments to the SDCard. And what settings should I have set on the card in options.
    01-12-08 09:55 PM
    Please activate Mass Storage Mode on your device.

That's the message I get when I try to open the card from the Media Manager on my laptop.

I tried formatting the card on the BB too but it won't let me. Anyone else run into this?
    01-12-08 10:16 PM
    where can i get movies?
    videos4blackberry.info | Another BIG Show Update! | Episode, Blackberry, Full, Click, Compatible

don't thank me, thank Bla1ze.
    if you have a networked tivo, you can attempt to do what Bla1ze is doing.
    but imho he is a freakin pro, the quality of his work is much better than anything i've been able to do, and he has pretty much every TV show you'd want to watch.

as far as movies, that is a different story...
    personally, i use software [DVD Fab Platinum] to copy/rip a movie of off a DVD - similar process to creating your own mp3 files if you still buy music CDs. then i convert it for optimal playback on the 8830, and load it on the 8830. this requires some extra effort [purchasing and tweaking software] and some patience [conversion and optimization are time-consuming] but if you want movies this is pretty much the only way to do it. . .unless someone has found a way to strip the DRM off of iTunes movies and convert for playback on the 8830.
    01-15-08 03:51 PM
    don't thank me, thank Bla1ze.
    if you have a networked tivo, you can attempt to do what Bla1ze is doing.
    but imho he is a freakin pro, the quality of his work is much better than anything i've been able to do, and he has pretty much every TV show you'd want to watch.

as far as movies, that is a different story...
    personally, i use software [DVD Fab Platinum] to copy/rip a movie of off a DVD - similar process to creating your own mp3 files if you still buy music CDs. then i convert it for optimal playback on the 8830, and load it on the 8830. this requires some extra effort [purchasing and tweaking software] and some patience [conversion and optimization are time-consuming] but if you want movies this is pretty much the only way to do it. . .unless someone has found a way to strip the DRM off of iTunes movies and convert for playback on the 8830.[/QUOTE]

Blaze hooked it up. Great work. That site is awesome
    01-16-08 12:25 PM
    can i ask a REALLY stupid question... where do you get these micro SD cards from and is that the only way you can get music to your phone?
    01-16-08 07:17 PM
    I bought my micro sd on ebay at $90.00 for 6 gb
    01-16-08 07:27 PM
    can i ask a REALLY stupid question... where do you get these micro SD cards from and is that the only way you can get music to your phone?
    best buy has 1 or 2 gb for $25-35 each. Pretty good price, i think.
    01-16-08 10:45 PM
    I bought my micro sd on ebay at $90.00 for 6 gb
    thats a very good price.
    01-16-08 10:45 PM
    Ok.. SO I bought a 2gb media card and I keep getting the message ACTIVATE MASS STORAGE MODE on your device.. HOW DO I DO THIS??
    04-03-08 08:03 PM
    I purchased mine from Ebay as well. It is a 4gb and it was $29.
    04-03-08 08:13 PM
    Go to Options > Media Card.
    04-03-08 08:13 PM
    I picked up a Motorola S9 Bluetooth stereo headset and a 4GB micro SD card. Uploaded 1/2 my iTunes library onto the card and still have space for numerous movies.

I sold my iPod since my phone is now my perfect media device no point in carrying around 2 items when I only need 1
    04-06-08 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD