Hi Guys,

Good to see lot of tips and helps from this forum....

Am from INDIA.. Bought 8830 phone through online unfortunately ...

When it was delivered to me, i saw the name " Verizon: on it....

Using my simcard (local carrier ), i can be able to receive and make calls as well.. also can receive sms but cant send sms...

Error : activation required still exists on top of the screen... and my number displays something irrelevant to my mobile number

I went thru your this forum and tried ##000000 to change the My number but am not able to save it..

Can any one suggest me how to get rid of this ??? Really worried ... No more online purchase
    04-16-11 08:12 AM
    It sounds like you may have purchased an 8830 with a BES IT Policy on it. If the 8830 is running OS4.5, you can use this procedure, created by Forums Moderator Pete6: Removing an IT Policy from a BlackBerry phone to remove it.
    04-17-11 05:16 PM
    Jeffh,

Thanks for the response.

Let me check and get back to you with the result..
    04-21-11 05:02 AM
    Hi I am also from India. Same Problem- Bought 8830 Online. Phone screen showing as Activation Required. the Phone is unlocked (Originally Locked with Telecom), Pls let me know if Activation Required message could be removed.

Secondly some absurd number is showing on My number. Pls suggest how to change the same?

The phone was originally having BB 4.2 OS. At that time Phone was showing the service provider, but I upgraded to 4.5. From then the phone is showing Activation required on the top.

Have tried Crackutil to remove IT Policy but no Use.
    Pls Suggest
    Last edited by vsvfreak; 04-24-11 at 02:37 AM.
    04-22-11 11:31 PM
    Hi,
    If you still havent resolved your problem here is a solution for it.
    Go to Manage Connections ->Mobile Netwrok Options-> Network Mode ->GSM and Netwrok selection Mode->Automatic.

Once you do this, activation reqd will go away and you will see your service provider name on the top of your screen,

Hope it helps.

Thanks
    04-25-11 06:23 AM
    Hi I am also from India. Same Problem- Bought 8830 Online. Phone screen showing as Activation Required. the Phone is unlocked (Originally Locked with Telecom), Pls let me know if Activation Required message could be removed.

Secondly some absurd number is showing on My number. Pls suggest how to change the same?

The phone was originally having BB 4.2 OS. At that time Phone was showing the service provider, but I upgraded to 4.5. From then the phone is showing Activation required on the top.

Have tried Crackutil to remove IT Policy but no Use.
    Pls Suggest
    just removed the activation required from my phone.i had the same problem.are you sure your phone is unlocked?even i thought the same when i bought it online.unfortunately it was not.whether locked or unlocked 8830 we will work in its frequency band.
    how to get rid of it?
    after searching a lot of websites finally got cellunlock.net.you will have to spend approx 20$(Use coupon crackb50 and get 50% Discount).
    send your imei and mep number(please note that while using the mep reader you will get a different imei number.SEND THE IMEI NUMBER YOU GET BY PRESSING *#06#).they will send you mep2 code.after entering the mep2 code it shows"code error; please wait.."DONT GET SCARED.your phone is unlocked.

how will you confirm?
    again enter the code again and you will see 10 chances left to enter the mep2 code.

now the other issue to get rid of activation code.you cannot remove it with crackutil.

again mail your esn number to cellunlock.net and they will send you the msl code.and your phone reboots and ACTIVATION REQUIRED GONE.
    06-04-11 03:18 AM
    Hi guys ..
    i m a new with bb .. just 3 days back i brought blackberry 8830 WE phone from sum shop and he told me the phone was unlock.. anyways just after reading ronen2040 comment i check my bb and damn my phone is locked with telecom nz .. but all gsm sims are working on my phone bz its a blackberry 8830 WE phone.. so the thing is my phone is working fi9 but i wanted to use blackberry internet service (bis) on it and it is still working on my phone but it get disconnect at any time ... and start working by it self .. i mean out of 24 hrs its working for only 5 6 hrs a day ... so can sum one please tell me weather i should unlock my phone or not will my bis service will work fi9 or not after unlocking it ?
    thanx ronen2040 i really appreciate ...
    Last edited by saifprvz; 08-04-11 at 04:48 AM.
    08-04-11 04:39 AM
    hi Guys,

Even I am having the same issue with my Blackberry 8830. Does anyone have a solution to it. Have to reboot my phone again and again (may be 10 times a day).
    08-17-11 05:55 AM
    Got a solution to it finally.. dial ##147359 from your blackberry phone.
    you will see some editable figures, replace all digits with Zeros 000000000.
    Press Menu button and save.
    YOur phone will reboot once and you are done, now you would not see any "activation required" instead you will see your Service Providers Name.

Hope this works..
    valentine aquil likes this.
    08-18-11 05:35 AM
    Hi people,

Am new with BB, a 8830 asking for activation required on top, everything is working sms calling but my service provider is not showing but activation required, help me remove this out and view my provider.
    10-28-11 05:03 AM
    sorry am from Zambia
    10-28-11 05:05 AM
    To what carrier network was the device originally branded?
    10-28-11 05:58 AM
    There was no Brand network when i got the phone
    10-29-11 07:12 AM
    Does any carrier's logo come up when the device boots up?
    10-30-11 01:56 PM
    Maybe am mistaken what exactly is a carrier logo?
    10-31-11 01:13 AM
    The brand name for the carrier such as Verizon, Sprint, Telus, Vodaphone, etc.
    10-31-11 06:03 AM
    The carrier name is sprint
    11-01-11 12:54 AM
    In that case, you most likely will not be able to remove the "Activation Required" message. That requires a SPC code which Sprint will not give you. You might search around the internet and see if you can purchase the SPC code for that model
    11-01-11 06:05 AM
    does BBM works smoothly on 8830WE in India?
    12-12-11 08:18 AM
    pls I have blackberry8830 sprint edition is showing activation required how do I remove it
    thanks
    09-22-15 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD