I've transferred some excel spreadsheets to my blackberry. I created a directory called "work files." The directory tree is:

BBThumbs.dat
    BlackBerry
    -pictures
    -system
    -Menus
    -ringtones
    -videos
    -music
    -Work Files

I can't access the "work files" directory (where the spreadsheets are) from my device. Can anyone tell me why.

Jeff Frankle
    12-26-07 03:22 PM
    I tried to do this as well with no luck. Also looking for an answer.
    12-26-07 04:52 PM
    That's because the Media Player does not support viewing of docs. Only the Browser does and unfortunatly RIM didn't think about people possibly opening up files via the Browser, so you can't browse to it like in a File Manager.
    12-26-07 05:32 PM
    I don't know if you've done this or if this answers your questions but if you open "media", press the blackberry button and scroll and select "explore". you can now browse through the device and media card directories. I'm assuming you have some sort of document viewer and that's why you saved to your media card or you're just saving as a hard drive?
    12-26-07 07:20 PM
    I don't know if you've done this or if this answers your questions but if you open "media", press the blackberry button and scroll and select "explore". you can now browse through the device and media card directories.
    That's because the Media Player does not support viewing of docs. Only the Browser does and unfortunatly RIM didn't think about people possibly opening up files via the Browser, so you can't browse to it like in a File Manager.
    I think red looks nice. It's my favorite color.
    12-26-07 08:42 PM
    Going to explore was great. At least I can see that the files are there (pdf & xls) BUT, I still can't read them. Downloaded Beamberry, but totally didn't understand it. Is there a 3rd party app that read these files, or is there something in the device that I'm missing? Thanks for all your help. You folks are great!

Jeff Frankle
    12-27-07 12:04 PM
    BeamBerry requires you to upload files to their servers to view. One application that many are waiting on is "Documents To Go" which according to Dataviz, should be available sometime Q1 2008. There are other document viewers currently available. If you search the forum, a few will pop up.
    12-27-07 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD