My Verizon based 8830 WE transposes names and phone numbers from two different people as new address files. The originals are still intact but a new address file with a known name is attached to a number and/or address for someone else. It appears to be a random event. I saw this with my original 8830, took it back immediately and got a new replacement. Now, over a year later the replacement 8830 is doing the same but I don't know when it began this time. I have over 6700 names and phone numbers in my 8830.

Has anyone seen this issue?

bagel027
    11-05-08 09:47 AM
    Could be a stability issue. Pull your battery and see how it goes.

Also, the only other way this could be happening legitamately is if you have the same number listed for multiple people. For example, if you have the work number for Bob and Joe listed as the same number in their contacts, by default Bob's name will come up because it's first in the alphabetical order even though it could have been Joe calling you. I've had this happen once with a person that had put in the same number for more the one person as their office number and then wondered why only one name came up even though various people were calling them from the same office number. (can you say dumbass?)

Anyway, also make sure you're on the latest software release as well. 4.2.2.196 is the most official release from Verizon for the 8830.

BTW, one other person had this issue a looooooooooooooong time ago that I remember reading about, but can't remember what the outcome was.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 11-05-08 at 04:40 PM.
    11-05-08 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD