Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
12-28-07 11:21 PM
55 123
tools
    Looks like this thread (like most of the others) is taking another turn towards GPS b!tching.
    No need for that......

Take your self on a walk......................
    11-20-07 03:42 PM
    I have absolutely had it with Verizon. I am paying them there $200 and telling them to stick it! I tried the suggestions of changing the custom authorizations to allow, called back Verizon and re-instated the navigator service. The program loaded and went into a search for messages. It timed out and gave me a 2002 error message four times. After 30 minutes on the phone with Verizon they told me that too many people signed up for their service and their server could not handle it. He did not know how long the updates to the server would take but stated I should cancel the navigator service and keep checking back!!!! How much time do these idiots think I have to waste? All of this because they disabled a free application to screw us up for $10 per month. Life is too short and Verizon is too frustrating. Can anyone tell me about Sprint?
    11-20-07 04:17 PM
    Looks like this thread (like most of the others) is taking another turn towards GPS b!tching.
    heres my b!tchfest:

I agree.. What I wanted was the end to memory leaks

I had to do another ALT-L G L G then clear the logs then disable all the logging. Not sure if this will still fix that portion completely. Also audio ringtones are still WEAK WEAK WEAK. Thank goodness for my JX-10 for without having that in my ear I'd miss calls left and right. Those were my two major issues with the 8830.

Honestly VZW wont enable the GPS in there.. You must pay for GPS, you must comply, VZW is the borg, Resistance is futile.
    11-20-07 04:24 PM
    Hey everyone. I just got off the phone with VZW support and they are having a major outage nationwide. It does not seem to be related to the 8830 rollout at all. All location-based services (GPS, Chaperone, etc.) are down in all locations on all devices.

According to them, this is a coincidence that it happened on the same day as the 8830 rollout. I can somewhat confirm that because I was one of the few who got VZNav 2 weeks ago and it worked fine until this afternoon.

I also had my sister try her VZNav on her non-BB phone and it's down for her too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-07 04:50 PM
    I had the splash screen issue, too. I went to Options>Advanced Options>Applications, then edit permissions on the vznav one and put allow for the first two choices.

Haven't had a problem since.

-Anthony
    I was able to change the first choice, Connnections, to Allow, but was unable to change the second choice, Interactions, to allow. Any one know why?
    11-20-07 05:12 PM
    No need for that......

Take your self on a walk......................
    Why is that??? Because I point out the obvious that even a general discussion about the recent update has become more of the same??? Like everyone else, I am upset about the GPS situation. But maybe if there was more constructive discussion in the more appropriate threads it would benefit everyone.
    11-20-07 08:22 PM
    Why is that??? Because I point out the obvious that even a general discussion about the recent update has become more of the same??? Like everyone else, I am upset about the GPS situation. But maybe if there was more constructive discussion in the more appropriate threads it would benefit everyone.
    I for one started this thread with interest of the software update, and updated features... Other discussing news about what has been found and speaking of the GPS feature is fine, but you hijacking my thread because you think others are whining.... They are not whining, they are upset because some people including myself are upset with not only GPS but other features that were expected with this release of the software update... So if you plan on speaking any more in my thread, please keep it on subject of the topic and that topic is the 8830 WE software update...

Again there is no need for those comments in my thread unless you have interests in it...
    11-20-07 08:43 PM
    but, we still have to waste our $10/month on such a crappy program? no thanks. i'll switch to AT&T soon enough
    11-20-07 08:44 PM
    I worked with Verizon tech's and got it working. It is pretty nice once it works.
    Glad my company picks up the $10/month. Beats paying the $12.99/day that Hertz charges for NeverLost so they actually save money!

To get it working you need to:

1. Install the new OS
    2. Download the VZ Navigator application
    3. Change the application permissions *******
    4. Provision VZ Navigator on your account (i.e. pay the $10/month)
    5. Call *228 option 1
    6. Reboot you BB

I assume #3 is what is stopping everyone from getting it working.

To do this step:

Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications
    Highlight VZ Navigator
    Edit Permissions -> Connections -> Allow (was Custom)
    Edit Permissions -> Interactions -> Allow (was Custom)
    Save

Next, go buy a lottery ticket so you can maybe spring the $10/month

Enjoy!
    11-21-07 12:56 PM
    I for one started this thread with interest of the software update, and updated features... Other discussing news about what has been found and speaking of the GPS feature is fine, but you hijacking my thread because you think others are whining.... They are not whining, they are upset because some people including myself are upset with not only GPS but other features that were expected with this release of the software update... So if you plan on speaking any more in my thread, please keep it on subject of the topic and that topic is the 8830 WE software update...

Again there is no need for those comments in my thread unless you have interests in it...
    A little possessive about THE thread.
    11-21-07 03:55 PM
    I assume #3 is what is stopping everyone from getting it working.

To do this step:

Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications
    Highlight VZ Navigator
    Edit Permissions -> Connections -> Allow (was Custom)
    Edit Permissions -> Interactions -> Allow (was Custom)
    Save

Next, go buy a lottery ticket so you can maybe spring the $10/month

Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Is anyone else not able to change permissions on Interactions? No matter what I do, it stays custom.
    11-21-07 04:02 PM
    A little possessive about THE thread.

Yep has my name on it. What is your point..... 8 posts and all you point out is whining, maybe you don't know the forum that much..... But I like it here and I don't think I as a user have to put up with this harassment.

Can someone higher up please step in here, I am sorry I don't have to put up with the petty BS. Maybe a Admin can help steer you in the right direction.......
    Last edited by yester18; 11-21-07 at 10:06 PM.
    11-21-07 10:03 PM
    I don't think things have gotten out of line here, but no more back and forth between either of you two about it. This is a discussion forum, and that it what has been going on in this thread. It started out in general about the software update, but got a little more specific with talking about GPS. We ALL know what Verizon does with the GPS on their devices, so let's just leave that alone, and move on.
    11-21-07 10:20 PM
    You are so awesome!! Too bad Verizon can't provie that little tidbit of information. Thanks!!

11-22-07 01:21 PM
    A little problem. I have upgraded the software, added VZNAV to my account and downloaded and installed and setup to ALLOW connections and interactions and VZNav now tells me I need to upfrade my OS even tho my system says I have v4.2.2.176 installed. What now?? Reinstall the software?? Any thoughts??

11-22-07 01:32 PM
    I did the software update, activated and downloaded VZNAV & changed my data to the $29.99 plan - productive day for this guy. Got everything working like a charm. The way I see it, the $10 I save from changing my plan and the $10 for Nav balances out which is fine by me.
    11-24-07 02:37 PM
    Yep has my name on it. What is your point..... 8 posts and all you point out is whining, maybe you don't know the forum that much..... But I like it here and I don't think I as a user have to put up with this harassment.

Can someone higher up please step in here, I am sorry I don't have to put up with the petty BS. Maybe a Admin can help steer you in the right direction.......
    Intellectual property lol...is this really YOUR thread? or CB's?
    Everyone needs to take some midol and chill out. Think everyone needs some alone time their BBs to calm down.
    11-24-07 03:16 PM
    Ok, I don't even need/want VZNav. Is this update even worth my while to download this??

11-24-07 03:30 PM
    Ok, I don't even need/want VZNav. Is this update even worth my while to download this??

Why not it does fix a few things other than the GPS but of course they still have plenty to fix so if you waited for the next release you most likely wouldn't miss anything. Just my 2 cents.

Kirby
    11-24-07 07:14 PM
    Intellectual property lol...is this really YOUR thread? or CB's?
    Everyone needs to take some midol and chill out. Think everyone needs some alone time their BBs to calm down.

Didn't they just tell you to shut up about it.... And again you don't listen..... WTF.....

What kind of forum do I belong to here. You make a thread or post and people jump all over you. I don't think we needed you to add your comments in the thread... What was the point.....
    11-24-07 09:35 PM
    Looks like this update wiped out the ability to delete an email from both the handheld and the mailbox. All my e-mails are continuing to sit in my Yahoo! box even after I deleted the item off the BB.
    I am having the same issue. Is there a FIX? Never mind. I found the answer in another post.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by lsm1018; 11-30-07 at 07:35 AM.
    11-30-07 07:23 AM
    Will VZNav give you turn by turn directions?
    11-30-07 11:31 AM
    Will VZNav give you turn by turn directions?
    Yes it will:

Point yourself in the right direction with VZ Navigator
    With spoken turn-by-turn directions, you can locate more than 14 million local businesses and attractions in the United States, including hotels, golf courses, shopping centers, restaurants, hospitals, ATMs and more. VZ Navigator uses GPS positioning to tell you where you are, what's nearby, and to give you directions - quickly and easily.
    11-30-07 12:27 PM
    Now my ? Is this. I upgraded my software to .176 from another carrier, if i download the VZW version would there be any benefit in doing so? because wouldn't it be the same thing?
    12-03-07 03:25 AM
    I have absolutely had it with Verizon. I am paying them there $200 and telling them to stick it! I tried the suggestions of changing the custom authorizations to allow, called back Verizon and re-instated the navigator service. The program loaded and went into a search for messages. It timed out and gave me a 2002 error message four times. After 30 minutes on the phone with Verizon they told me that too many people signed up for their service and their server could not handle it. He did not know how long the updates to the server would take but stated I should cancel the navigator service and keep checking back!!!! How much time do these idiots think I have to waste? All of this because they disabled a free application to screw us up for $10 per month. Life is too short and Verizon is too frustrating. Can anyone tell me about Sprint?
    Telenav(sprint navigation) works right out the box, $30 a month for unlimited Telenav, text messaging, web, push email, and "on demand", and the GSM sim is unlocked!

Whats not to love?
    12-03-07 07:00 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD