My 8830WE has been suffering from low memory. I just uninstalled google maps and my free memory went from 286000 to 16000000. Is this normal? Does google maps take that much memory? If so, how do all of you use all of these apps on your BB's or am I missing something?
    05-22-08 08:37 PM
    You need to run the following procedure. Google Maps isn't your only problem. I'm surprised you hadn't started losing call logs and text messages. Any time File Free drops below 10 000 000 the phone will start deleting call logs and text messages without warning or prompting, to free up memory. Text messages may be deleted as soon as they arrive. A battery pull recovers some memory and will alleviate the problem temporarily. The solution is to remove stuff you don't need (the sample video, wallpaper, themes, other languages, brickbreaker, etc.) from memory. This procedure developed by Stoner will guide you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Also, if you have a media card, be sure you put pictures, music, and ringtones on it, not in your device's memory. Keep in mind that media card memory isn't device memory. You have to keep your device memory well above 10 000 000, regardless of how big your media card or how much free space it has.
    05-22-08 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD