I recently bought my first blackberry - the 8830 WE. I have had problems with callers saying they cannot hear me (background noise) and the ringer is not loud enough. My main concern is the call quality.

I am still within my 30 day return period with Verizon. I have not seen any complaints with call quality on a 8130. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    12-24-07 09:13 AM
    I can't comment on the call quality, but the ringer is the same s--- as the 8830, it's still low. My cousin has one and hasn't commented on the call quality, so I can assume that it's good?
    12-24-07 01:06 PM
    I don't know about the call quality,when I had a 8830 for verizon the call quality was great so it might be where your at that is affecting the call quality,as for the ringer,that's all verizon,had the same issues with the ringer,it drove me crazy because I would miss calls,I now have a curve and the volume is loud as ****,you can't do nothing about the volume until verizon does something about it,sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-07 01:30 PM
    The call quality on the 8130 is the same. I just talked to a person last week that just got an 8130 and while they were in a noisy environment, the background was very loud and almost overpowering their voice on the line. I had to turn down my volume to help from having to constantly pull the phone away from my ear it was so loud in the backbround. Such a shame, but if it's any consolation, 8100's on a GSM carrier are almost as bad. For some reason BBs just pick up a lot of background noise.
    12-24-07 04:10 PM
    I have an 8830 WE and my wife has an 8130. We're on Bell Mobility here in Canada which is CDMA. I've only tried a few tests but it seems to me call quality on the 8130 is not as good as the 8830. It's definitely not better that's for sure.
    12-24-07 06:15 PM
    Could it be that the BB picks up a lot of background noise because it doesn't have the form that places the microphone directly by a persons mouth?
    12-24-07 06:40 PM
    I can't comment on the call quality, but the ringer is the same s--- as the 8830, it's still low. My cousin has one and hasn't commented on the call quality, so I can assume that it's good?

Modify a ringtone on your PC to turn up the volume and then put it on the phone and the ringer will be louder. It works for me on several different MP3's
    01-04-08 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD