I use to have a Curve and was thinking of activating a 8830 with Verizon. I know the phone does not have a camera but are you able to receive picture messages with it? My brother just had a baby and sends me pics all the time through my ENV3.
    09-07-09 09:45 AM
    All you will get on the Verizon 8830 is a message that directs you to a web site that you have to access from a PC to get the picture (no MMS with Verizon 8830). With a data plan he can send them to you as an email attachment as an alternative.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-09 10:57 AM
    Hey,

Try asking your brother to send the pics to your email account. I think that would do the trick.
    09-07-09 02:06 PM
    All you will get on the Verizon 8830 is a message that directs you to a web site that you have to access from a PC to get the picture (no MMS with Verizon 8830). With a data plan he can send them to you as an email attachment as an alternative.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Correct, you receive a message with a link. There are no MMS available for the 8830. I tell people to email them so i can view the pics.
    09-07-09 02:10 PM
    Is it possible to clone the pin and esn from a MMS capable berry to get MMS to work on the 8830?

I have a pearl that I don't use anymore... could I clone its ESN and pin to the 8830, activate the pearl on vzw and then just continue to use the 8830 and then have MMS capabilities?

Anyone know how to do this?
    09-08-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD