Have to get an Asurion replacement and the only new ones around here are in Red not Black like mine.

If they ship, may be a refurb, they can't say, and I'd rather have new. And, UPS/FedUp always throws stuff on my porch where it gets stolen. In store is the way for me.

Any visual issues like premature color wearing off etc. w/the red ones? Keyboard visibility? I know the titanium ones were disliked for visibility.

Yeah, wanna upgrade, but I'm getting a cheaper than norm replacement for now, and don't want a new contract for an 8330 or Storm that I might not like. Waiting it out to see somethign new come up.

Thanks!
    04-18-09 02:15 PM
    I have a silver one. But some of our folks have the red one. It's a deep red color and actually looks quite nice. Not something you'd be embarrassed to be seen using.
    04-18-09 03:12 PM
    Hey Jeff, nice to see you. And a new improved status I see, much coolness.

Yeah, pics I've seen look ok, I've seen BB red in person and it's a nice subdued look. Wonder how the keyboard color holds up to wear.

Of course, I wear it on my duty belt and red doesn't quite match my Glock much, haha.. I think I'll do an Otterbox w/this to cover the red, haha...

Seems to be a shortage of 8830s here, and if I don't grab a New Red one soon, I may be stuck with refurbs... Of course, soon as I get red, the blacks will ship, haha...

Simple stuff is so often such pain with me for some reason.

I just want an 8900 really, and Tmo coverage isn't so great here... May end up with a Bold on ATT soon. But, this is an emergency, mine's about DOA.
    04-18-09 03:42 PM
    I want to be listening when you tell your armorer that you want a Glock in red...that would be a special order!
    04-18-09 05:13 PM
    Yeah, I'd be "special" all right, haha... Pretty funny, there's even PINK glocks out there, I've seen em. Haha... Umm, not where I'm at of course, haha..

Well anyways.... Guess I don't have to worry about it. Went in and they had me wrong in the Asurion system, they thought it was an 8330, so only red was there for replacements in THAT model.

Almost never found an 8830 today... Hit about 5 stores today (no one anwers phones I guess) and the LAST store I hit had a NEW 8830 and hooked me up. Back online for now till I figure out whether to hit Tmo or ATT... This part sucks...
    04-19-09 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD