I need to open email pics both still and video on the 8830. Is there an easy way to do so? I am having a problem with the video pics that are taken with a camera phone and sent to me.

I have the phone 6 months and am ready to sell it unless I can receive pics and videos. Thanks in advance for your help.
    01-07-08 03:59 PM
    Pictures need to be in the correct format, gif, jpg, and there are others. You don't say what you are getting, but receiving pictures on a 8830 is one of the basic BB features and you should have no problem unless it is due to a large size of the image.

What is the error you are getting? Saying you are having a "problem" does not give one much to go on...
    01-07-08 04:10 PM
    If I receive an email with a pic (usually a jpeg) I can click on the link and see the pic.

If I receive an email with a video in it, it does not give me a link to view the video. My daughter has a camera phone and sends me pics of her baby and I want to view them on the 8830. Is this possible? Thanks.
    01-07-08 04:29 PM
    You can view videos on your BB, likely it will not view the format of those you are being sent. You will probably need them to be converted to another format.

But again, since you didn't state and not knowing what format the videos are in, I am at a loss.

It could be that you need the exact same device as your daughter to see those videos.
    01-07-08 04:34 PM
    I am not able to view JPG images in email on my Curve... Do I need to RESET something? I used to be ale to see any image emailed to me, now NOTHING.
    01-30-08 12:50 PM
    If you're getting MMS'd from your doughter then you won't be able to view things as sent. I suggest a phone with a camera on it like the 8130. Verizon has this bad concept of disabling MMS support on phones without cameras.... even though the 8830 can do MMS all day long natively.
    01-30-08 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD