I have just acquired my first BB 8830 using TELUS. I think the unit is great but have just two problems that I do not know how to solve:-

1. phone numbers downloaded from Outlook 2007 show properly and in the correct format namely (999) 999-9999 which is easy to read. When I enter the number from my BB it displays as 9999999999 which is harder to read. Can this be corrected?

2. Birthdays and Anniversaries held in Outlook cannot be transferred as there is not a birthday field in the 8830. I have tried using one of the USER fields but that is not practical and does not feed the calendar. How can I add a birthday field using a 'date' format that will integrate with the calendar?

These represent my only two problems with the device that would otherwise be perfect. As both are of some importance to me, I consider this a major FLAW if it cannot be resolved. I do notice that the phone number format problem also exists on the PEARL although that model does have the birthday/anniversary fields.

Than you for heping out a NEWBIE on CRACKBERRY!!!
    Last edited by proteaus; 03-02-08 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    03-02-08 02:49 PM
    1. No. There is not a default format for that when entering directly in the BB.
    2. You can't do that with Calendar integration as you desire. Yes, you can map the Birthday field in Outlook to a BB user field.

I know it is of importance to you, sorry it is not doable that of which I am aware.
    03-02-08 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD