I have an 8830 and it keeps dropping calls due to the fact that the "radio signal" keeps turning itself off. I've tried a battery pull but it is still doing it. Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas on how to fix this problem?
    11-05-08 06:23 PM
    If it's new, I'd take it back for an exchange. I've not heard of your problem with an 8830.

MOD NOTE: I moved your post to the 8830 forum, where it has a better chance of being read by someone who might know the answer.
    11-06-08 10:40 PM
    Make sure you're on the latest version of OS for it and also try doing a *228 opt 1 to reprogram the radio and update PRL. I think Alltel supports OTA programming on their phones. If this does not fix things, it's a faulty device... especially if it's new like Jeff said.
    11-06-08 11:04 PM
    Mine drops calls constantly, even with full signal. VZW has given me FOUR new 8830's to try and rectify the matter and still no luck. They also told me that they will upgrade me to a newer phone if I still continue to have problems. So im waiting for the storm to come out and Im going to call and complain some more. I just hope that the Storm dosent do the same thing or im screwed.
    11-07-08 07:41 AM
    your answer is your service provider

my dad has the 8830 hes with telus it drops calls all the time because reception with bb is really really ****

on the other hand with rogers you get perfect crisp signal all the time my ex gf has the 8830 and shes never had a dropped call

if not this 5thne its probbaly time to go ***** to your provider and grab an upgrade or a new phone!
    11-07-08 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD