I have a new 8830 and currently running the "Dimension Zen Theme" which has a few icons pre-loaded. Is there a way to change the icone to ones that i need without having to push the menu button and geeting bounced to the main menu.

Aslo I have 4 email accounts and in this theme it only has three email icons so two of my accounts are merged into one icon. I would change the theme but this is the only theme that actually seperates my emails so when I track ball over them i know which account has messages so if i am in a meeting and need to quickly glance and see a message in non business account i now not to check right away.

I hope you can understand what i am acheiving. i am a former Treo 700 user so when messages arrived it ould display the actual account such as hotmail ect...

Thanks
    07-21-07 09:41 PM
    I have a new 8830 and currently running the "Dimension Zen Theme" which has a few icons pre-loaded. Is there a way to change the icone to ones that i need without having to push the menu button and geeting bounced to the main menu.
    There is no way to change the default icons on the Today screen unfortunately. Hopefully with future builds they will allow customization of the Today screen.

As for your Email icons, you 'should' have one for every account...so I would re-send your Service Books to see if the missing icon returns.
    07-22-07 10:51 AM
    When you say change the default icons, do you mean change which 5 icons appear on your main screen in Zen? That is possible is that's what you want to do.

Aslo I have 4 email accounts and in this theme it only has three email icons so two of my accounts are merged into one icon. I would change the theme but this is the only theme that actually seperates my emails so when I track ball over them i know which account has messages so if i am in a meeting and need to quickly glance and see a message in non business account i now not to check right away.

I hope you can understand what i am acheiving. i am a former Treo 700 user so when messages arrived it ould display the actual account such as hotmail ect...

Thanks
    07-22-07 12:10 PM
    MMB916--that is exactly what I want to do. Change the five icons on the home screen for the zen theme. I'd rather have my text messages and contact log show up as opposed to the set up wizard and my combined email folder. do you know how i can change these? thanks!
    09-18-07 01:52 PM
    If you're trying to do what I think you are .. in full menu view just highlight the icon you want to move and hit the option key. Select move and you can place it up in your top 5 or where ever you want. Likewise you can do the same to move icons you don't to the bottom of the menu.
    09-18-07 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD