I have a question for anybody out there. VZNav will be released soon, and I spoke to a VZ rep just a min ago and asked him the same thing. I will NOT pay for VZNav since the internal GPS has been disabled, I would like to buy a puck for a set price and then use GPS as much as possible, instead of wasting my $9.99/month. the rep stated that if i choose not to use vznav then the puck will "be just as good". so, my question is, even though (and the rep confirmed the 9.99/month charge) vznav will be released soon, should i just get the puck and use that until my next upgrade in 1.5 years? does anyone trust vzw enough to hand them more money than they screwed us out of from RIM's "unsecure programming"? I would like any feedback about this puck issue only, but if you would like to criticize VZW along with me please feel free, but if you want to bash my ideas, then screw you. haha

if you mods want to ban me again for some simple word usage, go ahead, i'll just repost this topic again once i get unblocked.

thanks for the help guys, and a girl or two

P.S. What puck(s) would work the best (and cheapest since i'm still in college) with my VZW8830?
    Last edited by dblo7; 10-28-07 at 08:45 PM.
    10-28-07 08:37 PM
    HAHA! Great post man, especially this part.

if you mods want to ban me again for some simple word usage, go ahead, i'll just repost this topic again once i get unblocked.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this place is run by what seems like a bunch of kids with their hands over their ears. :lol:

Anyway, I'm with you on not wanting to pay VZW for something like this and you can easily buy a puck and use it. It will work just fine, but I have a feeling that once the next OS update comes out and VZNav becomes available , if autonomouse GPS does not get turned back on VZW will be in a world of hurt and criticism almost overnight. And this time it'll be very public and from multiple angles.
    10-28-07 10:24 PM
    I have a gps puck that I used to use on my Treo with Tom Tom nav software. The puck works great with the my BB 8830 but there's no software that gives talks and provides turn by turn instructions. Therefore the gps puck with the current maps (verizon or google) is basically useless as a gps navigation system.
    10-29-07 07:06 PM
    The puck does work with mapquest which does have voice turn by turn directions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-07 07:35 PM
    I have a gps puck that I used to use on my Treo with Tom Tom nav software. The puck works great with the my BB 8830 but there's no software that gives talks and provides turn by turn instructions. Therefore the gps puck with the current maps (verizon or google) is basically useless as a gps navigation system.
    Wrong! TelNav, while a "pay for" application has speech navigation as well and it's way better then what VZNav will ever hope to be. It works with pucks as well as the built in gps (Sprint users use it all the time). If I had to pay for navigation I'd much rather pay for that then give my money to VZW. InfoSpace also has speech turn by turn.
    10-29-07 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD